Intermittant Triple beep at ChargePoint L2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikngas

I've disabled the charge timer. My swipe card activates the handle release. I plug in, longer delay than normal, then triple beep, and all three blues flashing. Manual says this is a fault with the cord. The ChargePoint display says it is waiting for the car. The message boards say the handle may not be plugged in all the way (but I had a clear click as the handle seated, pulling it out against the clip doesn't seem to help either).

When one handle fails, seems almost always the other handle on the same pedestal will fail. The next day it might work fine.

Just once, it started to charge for about 10 seconds, then fell out to a triple beep and flash, then tripped back in and continued charging normally for the rest of the session.

I've never seen such issues with other L2 brands, although none of my other L2 locations are on other networks, they are non-networked L2 EVSEs.

Is this some kind of software problem with ChargePoint? If I had the patience to call ChargePoint, would a reset of the pedestal clear this problem? Is there a setting on the car that can help? I'm planning a trip and have several locations where it's really gotta work, or I'm on L1 all night somewhere.

This is with my 2015 S.

alozzy said:
Don't know if it will help, but perhaps the credit card you have associated with the ChargePoint account has expired?

No, I can often go to the next pedestal, use the same swipe card and account, and charge just fine. I had a Ford C-max energie owner tell me that they've had no problems, and apparently they use the cell-phone app to activate, rather than a swipe card. I have not been there at the same time as other EVs when I was having the problem to see if I get a failure on the same handle that they get to work normally. So, not sure.

I do know that on some days I have time and am curious, and so I try repeatedly with the same handle, and recradle the handle, and reswipe the card, and reset the car timer to charge immediately, and I've not yet seen a case where I get it working after a triple beep error state. I may try turning off the car's timer altogether and see if that helps.

Strange issue, perhaps try using the app exclusively for awhile to see if the "triple beep" issue ever occurs when using the app. If nothing else, that will narrow the scope of possibilities

Me too. Only have the problem intermittently. Seems once a given pedestal has the problem, it can be stuck that way for days of weeks until what I assume is a reset by ChargePoint. But I'm not positive if other vehicles are able to get it work during that time.

I had this happen on my home EVSE - it is usually a fault of the latch either being bent, or the micro switch not closing as it should.

The switch is there to shut down charging before you disconnect the J1772 plug. Our Leaf did this while it didn't affect our e-Golf, because the e-Golf has a lock that pushed the latch enough so that it did what it was supposed to. I repaired it by opening up the plug and tweaking the switch and the latch (which is metal).

Contact ChargePoint and tell them to repair it.

Back