CA Leaf dealers mapped on http://electric.carstations.com

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranchleaf

Hi,

Just an FYI. In addition to many other new charging stations, we have placed all leaf dealers in California up on the map at http://electric.carstations.com.

This is a crowd sourced site for those that have not been there yet. You can easily add your updates, photos, corrections, etc for other drivers to benefit from. If you have any new stations that you don't see on the map you can add them yourselves easily. thanks to all who have posted all the great information already.

Care to provide a 'back' or 'home' button to press after submitting a station? It'll make it easier to naviguess my way around. ;)

Thanks!

AndyH said:
Care to provide a 'back' or 'home' button to press after submitting a station? It'll make it easier to naviguess my way around. ;)

Thanks!

Hi Andy. Yep. Noticed that the other day. however, if you do click on the "carstations" bold letters on the top it will take you back to the home page, but I agree it's not that intuitive.

By the way I sent you a note to your email about one of the stations not having a title you submitted if you can send that to me. Thanks.

why is it that when you zoom in on an area and then look at the details of one site, that you can't go back to look at the details of another nearby site? When you do, it goes back to the map of the entire world, and you have to zoom back into the area you were just looking at.

palmermd said:
why is it that when you zoom in on an area and then look at the details of one site, that you can't go back to look at the details of another nearby site? When you do, it goes back to the map of the entire world, and you have to zoom back into the area you were just looking at.

I see your point.

What we should probably do is open the station site in a new window so you could go back to the other window. (I am thinking this might be easiest and best solution since each station really is it's own page) Either that or just cookie the zoom level.

Adding to task list :)

P.s. We are working on some filtering and updates right now, so the site may look like it's changing back and forth a bit. Please bear with us.

Thanks.

Stopped by OC Nissan Irvine today:
Their 2 functioning, powered-on AV EVSEs are only available during their "open" hours, NOT 24/7 access.

Their lot is not chained off or locked after hours, but they park cars in the entrances to block access, and there is a guard to discourage "borrowing".

Likewise, I charged for an hour today at Power Nissan in Hawthorne, CA. Convenient place to stop by for a charge and walk to lunch. Lots of options walking distance. It is in the lot which is closed at night so business hours only.

The had two cables on one pole out front. They said they had one in back that was not working for whatever reason.

They also said they have delivered one Leaf already. Not too many orders from there though it sounded.

Just dropped by Visalia Nissan this evening to take photos of their charging stations. It's only a couple miles off my commute. One of the dealers noticed and asked if he could help. I told him I was taking pictures of their charging station. He sounded excited about the Leaf although he hasn't yet had a chance to see the car in person, and expects it will be a while before they get any since Nissan has underestimated the demand for this vehicle. The station at the service dept. is fully operational, but these two out front haven't been turned on yet. Anyway, here are photos:

dscn0005xsm.jpg
dscn0002xsm.jpg

garygid said:
The site still has the error after entering a zip code and clicking search, on IE7 on both Vista and XP.

Are you working on fixing your site?

Gary,

Not my site but I like it. I spoke with David today and he said he had fixed something in that today. But I ran through what I had on hand.

Windows 2003/Windows 7 IE8: works (though the pin icons are broken).
W7 Firefox and Chrome are fine.
Windows XP IE6: Broken with a script error and no map shows up
Windows XP Chrome: Fine

I will let him know these results. He should definitely fix it. Looks like it is in the Google Map scripts.

For my part, I would suggest Chrome or Firefox... :) I hate IE.

I refuse to deal with loading another browser, especially for
one site which has a single error on it, probably due to Google Maps evolving.

It is a shame to have put so much time into creating a good
database, only to see it fall to disuse due to neglected code.

But, maybe he thought that he would be making money on the site by now?

I will try IE8 on Win7.

Back