JuiceCord Pro 20 - Portable & Smart 20-Amp EVSE with 20-foot cable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjeff

I was just looking at the EMW website and ran across this little gem:
https://www.emotorwerks.com/index.php/store-juicebox-ev-charging-stations/1661-juicecord-pro-20-portable-smart-20-amp-evse-with-20-foot-cable/category_pathway-23
It's a 20a 120v-240v smart EVSE in a nice portable enclosure, perfect for carrying in the car. The amperage is adjustable via your smart phone so you can plug it into most any outlet, with 14-50 adapters either you make or purchase from EMW. Personally I'd have liked it if they started with a L6-30 twistlock plug(like evseupgrade has standardized on) but they probably want to stick with the Tesla 14-50 standard and also EMW has been using that plug for quite some time so it's not new to them.
I know some of you aren't particularly hot on EMW because they aren't UL listed(and I doubt they ever will be) but I've been happily using my JuiceBox Premium for well over a year and have nothing but good things to say about it.
IMO the $449 price is quite good for a smart EVSE of this amperage, I might have liked $399 better but really even at $449 it's in the ballpark of other EVSEs of the same amperage and this one is so much more flexible and has the benefit of being WiFi connected, which none of the other ones in this price range are.
Well who's going to be the first to try one? I already have 4 L2 EVSEs(all of the portable variety) so I'm probably good.......but it is tempting :lol:
Says "pre-order available in May" which it is now and free shipping, not sure when they'll start shipping though.....

If I ever need a portable 20A EVSE this would be my choice. For now, the JuiceBox 40 Pro, Nissan's L1 EVSE for Leaf and Tesla's mobile connector are more than enough.

I do like the idea of a connected EVSEs so JuiceCord Pro 20 seems like a very good idea. Also, the product quality of eMotorWerks' products and their customer service have been great in my experience.

Back