EVSE upgraded Charger available to swap

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattV

Hi,

I upgraded the charger that comes with Nissan Leaf to charge quickly ( i.e. converted to work at 220V). My lease is expiring soon and would like to swap it out with some one who has original 110V charger.

Its a win-win situation as you don't need to pay extra to buy extra charger to quickly charge your Nissan Leaf. I am based in Bay Area and can meet anywhere within Bay Area to exchange the charger.

You've made a generous offer but you should specify what year Leaf you have, '12 and older use a different EVSE than '13 and newer. When returning it if they check you probably want to have the correct one. Not sure how closely they look and they may just look for the presences of a EVSE in which case you'd be OK, I just don't know.
I have a '12 EVSE I'd love to exchange for a upgraded one but you might want to see if anyone local responds, since I live 1/2 way across the country we'd have to mail them. Not that it would be than expensive(probably ~$10 each way using prepaid post office boxes, which I'd be willing to pay both ways) but more hassle than if you found someone close.
PM me if interested in doing a mail order swap :)

jjeff said:
You've made a generous offer but you should specify what year Leaf you have, '12 and older use a different EVSE than '13 and newer. When returning it if they check you probably want to have the correct one. Not sure how closely they look and they may just look for the presences of a EVSE in which case you'd be OK, I just don't know.
I have a '12 EVSE I'd love to exchange for a upgraded one but you might want to see if anyone local responds, since I live 1/2 way across the country we'd have to mail them. Not that it would be than expensive(probably ~$10 each way using prepaid post office boxes, which I'd be willing to pay both ways) but more hassle than if you found someone close.

They don't notice the difference when turning it in. It is $18 each with the medium box plus $300 insurance.

Evoforce said:
jjeff said:

They don't notice the difference when turning it in. It is $18 each with the medium box plus $300 insurance.
Thanks! To someone not familiar they do look similar and with the cord crammed in the bag one would probably have to be a Leafer to notice :D

Back