JuicePlug - from the makers of JuiceBox EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inphoenix

Turn any EVSE into a smart charging station, enjoy world-class smartphone / web interfaces.

Here is the link to eMotorwerk's Kickstarter for JuicePlug. Pretty nifty idea if you want to turn your EVSE into a "connected EVSE".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/emw/juiceplug-a-universal-smart-ev-charging-adapter

EDIT: Some more info (from their KS page)

Here's what's cool about JuicePlug:

•Anytime / anywhere monitoring and control of your charging via our best-in-class smartphone and web interfaces. Set up Time-of-Use schedules, your maximum wiring ratings, turn your charging on and off remotely, etc.

•Up to 10 automatic notification types that help you manage your EV charging experience. For example, JuicePlug can notify you that your car is still not plugged in by 10pm, etc.

•Access to your charging history, cost of energy, and CO2 budget (pounds saved by driving electric, pounds saved by charging smart, and total pounds spent)

•Guaranteed full charge by specified time using the cleanest possible power - using award-winning smart charging algorithms from our JuiceNet platform

•Ability to join JuicePoints, a revolutionary EV driver rewards program that pays you to plug in. With JuicePlug + JuicePoints, you can make money and win awesome prizes in your sleep.

Thank you for posting! We will be creating a separate thread on the forum to facilitate the discussion on this [we think ;-)] revolutionary device!

val

Hi All -

Wanted to start a thread here to facilitate the discussion on this new product from eMotorWerks.

Take a look at our JuicePlug: a Universal Smart EV Charging Adapter! Turn any EVSE into a smart charging station, enjoy world-class smartphone / web interfaces and get:

- Anytime / anywhere monitoring and control of your charging via our best-in-class smartphone and web interfaces. Set up Time-of-Use schedules, your maximum wiring ratings, turn your charging on and off remotely, etc.

- Up to 10 automatic notification types that help you manage your EV charging experience. For example, JuicePlug can notify you that your car is still not plugged in by 10pm, etc.

- Access to your charging history, cost of energy, and CO2 budget (pounds saved by driving electric, pounds saved by charging smart, and total pounds spent)

- Guaranteed full charge by specified time using the cleanest possible power - using award-winning smart charging algorithms from our JuiceNet platform

- Ability to join JuicePoints, a revolutionary EV driver rewards program that pays you to plug in. With JuicePlug + JuicePoints, you can make money and win awesome prizes in your sleep.

Of course, we are doing a KickStarter campaign! ;-) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/emw/juiceplug-a-universal-smart-ev-charging-adapter - Pledge today and get one at $50-70 off from the eventual retail.

Moreover, California residents living in PG&E, SCE, and SDG&E territories are eligible for a $50 rebate, as well, making the JuicePlug cost just $89!

Where can you get a smart charging station for $89? ;-)

Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Val & Team

I fail to see the attraction of a web interface, The EVSE charges the car as programmed. I do not need to look on the web to see that it is charged. When I start I have a general idea how long it will take.

OpenEVSE is totally going web interface. As a boomer, I could care less. Maybe if i was of a different generation it could make sense. An EVSE is a dumb thing that does what it is told to do. I disable all of the web bells and whistles. A timer and a menu is good enough for me.

GlennD said:
I fail to see the attraction of a web interface, The EVSE charges the car as programmed. I do not need to look on the web to see that it is charged. When I start I have a general idea how long it will take.

OpenEVSE is totally going web interface. As a boomer, I could care less. Maybe if i was of a different generation it could make sense. An EVSE is a dumb thing that does what it is told to do. I disable all of the web bells and whistles. A timer and a menu is good enough for me.

I agree with GlennD 101%. I "dumbed down" my 5yr old Blink EVSE 4 yrs ago; and it has worked like a charm ever since. My on-board timers do the job---if you have them set properly.

Back