2 electric car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy500e

Dear All

I have a questions

I have 2 electric car now

I already modified Schneider EV230WS with 2 cords out

My scenario will be like this

I pulled 2 120V 50 AMP
I saw this charger has 60 AMP Fuse and relay of 40 AM
I want both car plug after work but wont charge at the same time

1. First car will be charge from 10 PM to 1 AM
2. Second car will be charge from 2 AM - 6 AM

Some how the sensor always trip faulty after I connected the second car.

But if I only connect one car, is fine

I believe "Pilot" line is giving error message

Any help? I called Schneider already but they can not help

I want to deceive this Pilot line

thank you

By "modified Schneider EV230WS with 2 cords out" you mean you just connected two cords in parallel? Ouch. That won't work and can be dangerous. Sharing one L2 EVSE between 2 cars on a timer with sequential charging is an interesting concept that should be doable in theory but I haven't seen an easy solution yet. Google J1772 Hydra, I think it never left the prototype stage and I it can also divide the power between the cars at the same time. Unless you have the skills, time, and desire to build a Hydra from scratch, it may be easier to just add a second EVSE or charge your second car on 120V with the trickle charger.

Please stop what you are doing.
First of all you need multiple relays with time delay between switching. Add some more work
and engineering and you crank up the price and time wasted on this project.
Relay that stops charging on plug1, relay that disconnects pilot and proximity@plug1, relay that
disconnects power at plug1. Relay that connects power to plug2, relay that connects pilot to plug2,
relay that allows charging on plug2. These relays can not be combined as they must switch at
different moments so main relay in EVSE will not have spark discharge events.

Consider another EVSE. They cost less than 500€/$. It is safe to install it on your own if you know
enough about wiring things. You will trip circuit breaker if you accidentally charge two vehicles.
And that circuit breaker will fail after couple of dozens cycles.

Back