SPAM from Liquid Sky - WatZilla?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

I just got email from someone claiming to be "Liquid Sky" offering to sell a version of OpenEVSE called WattZilla. They say that they got my email address because I bought something on their website.

Anyone here have any information on these people?

Bob

Bob said:
I just got email from someone claiming to be "Liquid Sky" offering to sell a version of OpenEVSE called WattZilla. They say that they got my email address because I bought something on their website.
Is the subject "OpenEVSE Newsletter October 2015"?

I wondered where it came from at first, too. But at the bottom, it says "You are receiving this E-mail because you subscribed via our website or created an account on the OpenEV store. You may opt-out at any time." I did create an account on the OpenEV store, so, mystery solved.

The "newsletter" contains two stories, one about WattZilla, the other about the Steampunk OpenEVSE contest, which was previously discussed on the OpenEVSE mailing list/Google Group. It's not actually a WattZilla ad, nor is it from WattZilla, per se. The from line is "OpenEV Information", not Liquid Sky, although it talks about them. Is yours different from this?

Yes, that's the same newsletter.

But who wrote it?

Chris Howell is a good theory, but he hasn't chimed in here to say it's him. To the best of my knowledge, he would be the only one that I can think of who would have rights to our OpenEVSE store purchase information.

Bob

I guess I don't understand the controversy. You received a newsletter/email from OPENevse, that included info about Watzilla. If you don't want to receive further then it looks like you can unsubscribe. As an OPENevse customer, I received it as well, pretty standard stuff.

The Email did came from OpenEVSE. Liquid Sky is an OpenEVSE customer, they bought a few dozen boards and some consulting for the UL testing from myself and lincomatic. I do not own any share in the company at all. I thought a UL certified OpenEVSE was worthy of sharing.

Due to many requests for regular updates I plan to send something out once a month. I want the information to be interesting and not too "spammy".

Bob said:
Yes, that's the same newsletter.

But who wrote it?

Chris Howell is a good theory, but he hasn't chimed in here to say it's him. To the best of my knowledge, he would be the only one that I can think of who would have rights to our OpenEVSE store purchase information.

Bob

The OpenEVSE store does not share contact information with anybody.

Back