Mobi commercial mobile battery powered EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Mobi Charger is especially designated for workplaces where cars normally stay parked in one spot all day long, even if they’re done charging. So instead of getting out of the office to move your car and let another one use the port, there will be several one of these around to move from a car to another.

One single Mobi Charger can feed up to 5 cars each day, thanks to a bunch of used Nissan Leaf batteries inside, rating it for a 240V Level 2 charging at a 10 kWh total capacity. If all things go well, the company wants to offer a 48 kWh version as well as DC fast charging via CCS and CHAdeMO connectors.

http://www.freewiretech.com/#technology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/sblank/freewire-berkeley-final-presentation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. (loads very slowly, but worth the wait)

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/charging-stations-on-wheels-to-solve-crowded-parking-problems-90255.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 65
I love the idea and innovation, but I can't see the application as described. It seems like you would be able to put in a large number of 10kWh capable spots for the cost of something like this.

I think there are probably many other applications for this though. My first thought was for charging my EV boat (which I don't have) by rolling it down the dock and plugging it in. In this case, probably still cheaper than getting service all the way out to the boat slip or renting a slip with shore power.

Also for EV racing at places like Bonneville and other tracks where The electric infrastructure wouldn't support EV racing.

I hope they make it. love to see these "old" EV batts get a second life. I think the aftermarket pack market will soon be exploding.

Just trench or run many 120V EVSE units over the high cost of this and al the hassle. Not to mention wasted efficiency, this seems very niche.

AlanSqB said:
I love the idea and innovation, but I can't see the application as described. It seems like you would be able to put in a large number of 10kWh capable spots for the cost of something like this.

I think there are probably many other applications for this though. My first thought was for charging my EV boat (which I don't have) by rolling it down the dock and plugging it in. In this case, probably still cheaper than getting service all the way out to the boat slip or renting a slip with shore power.

Also for EV racing at places like Bonneville and other tracks where The electric infrastructure wouldn't support EV racing.

I hope they make it. love to see these "old" EV batts get a second life. I think the aftermarket pack market will soon be exploding.

Being able to charge them up during off-peak times could save a lot of $$$, eliminating demand charges is key to the savings, along with ant TOU discounts.

Back