JuiceBox pulls in contacts on relay then drops out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LATreeHugger

Just assembled the the Juicebox using the the YouTube video and the PDF manual.
The assembly was not hard. When I plug in the Juicebox after a few seconds the relay coil pulls in the contacts then immediately drops out.
I have un-soldered what were messy connections and re-soldered the board making clean connections.
The same thing happens when I plugged it back in.
It seems that the GFCI is activating and breaking contact.
I have taken the board all out one more time tonight and re-soldered 4 connections that probably did not need re-soldering.
Does anyone have in suggestions as to how to stop the GFCI from interrupting the circuit?
I have never gotten to the point of actually charging my EV at this point.

The juiceBox is supposed to check the lines at startup. The relay pulls in to see how it is connected, L1 or L2. You are seeing normal operation.

You can check the charging circuit by emulating the car with a resistor and diode from the pilot wire to ground. Take a 820 or so (supposed to be 884) ohm resistor but it is not critical and a 1N4148 diode. The resistor goes to the pilot and the diode goes to ground with the bar at ground.

Did you solve this yet ?

Juice Box seems very helpful so you should contact them. I have the basic and premium Juice Box and they are super at a great price. No problems.

Back