Fielding ideas for 2nd EVSE build to be offered to members

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrad

I'm fielding input from everyone here to get a idea what people like. I really enjoyed building my 1st unit and parts are on the way for build #2. Its goin to have the openevse v3 board, i really like the idea of the integrated current meter in the display and the cost only goes up six buck after I remove the cost of the volt/ammeter. (which can be added back upon request.) EDIT: looks like you have to buy another CT xformer to get the ammeter feature, at its not sold on openevse's site :( would have liked to known this upfront, oh well. It will have a 80A high current relay, and a 48A J1772 cable at 22ft. With a 70A Dostar plug. Ploycarbonate waterproof box too
I welcome at suggestions or wishlist of what you guys would like to see, I can go very simple small, inexpensive or wild fully loaded Ultra high current beast. or anything in between. If time/money were available I'd built one of everything! :D I'm looking to build what can move quickly right now as work is terrible and I gotta bring in some $$.

First post!

Closing on a BEV soon (leaf or ffe) and then would take one of your units. I already have an empty 240 box in the garage.
Very nice work and a great price. I have a lot of experience building things and a master DIY, just never been much into electronics. LOL.

So, bookmarked....will keep an eye on the thread. Hope you sell all you can build!

A two headed J1772 "octopus" (With a future unit expandable to 4 heads), Set-able Start Time for Off-Peak rates, with a time limit per head and/or auto switch to 2nd head (3rd 4th) after Car stops charging, or time limit specified has elapsed. Optional End of Off-Peak Rate turn off at end of Period.

Two head unit would be aimed @ Dual Home users who have EV Time of day rates that start late at night. Head 1 get 1st charge for X Hours, or Till full, Then switches power to Head two till full or X hours (Or optionally End of off Peak rates).

4 head unit would be for commercial applications for longer term parking (all day or all night). X hours to each head (or full witch ever occurs 1st) . To change cars in a parking deck, of a work place, hotel etc, where the parkers would be there for 8hours or so. Unit would need to keep track of what head pluged in 1st 2nd .. and supply power in that order.

Just listed my 2nd unit! check it out! :D
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&p=397007#p397007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CJBROWN said:
First post!

Closing on a BEV soon (leaf or ffe) and then would take one of your units. I already have an empty 240 box in the garage.
Very nice work and a great price. I have a lot of experience building things and a master DIY, just never been much into electronics. LOL.

So, bookmarked....will keep an eye on the thread. Hope you sell all you can build!

That's great news! I never drove any other cars as I wanted the LEAF for range and it's reputation. the torque is better than my turbocharged honda civic! I LOVE this car. You have to test drive the LEAF and floor it a few times like I did, its SOOOOO fun!!

flyonpa said:
A two headed J1772 "octopus" (With a future unit expandable to 4 heads), Set-able Start Time for Off-Peak rates, with a time limit per head and/or auto switch to 2nd head (3rd 4th) after Car stops charging, or time limit specified has elapsed. Optional End of Off-Peak Rate turn off at end of Period.

Two head unit would be aimed @ Dual Home users who have EV Time of day rates that start late at night. Head 1 get 1st charge for X Hours, or Till full, Then switches power to Head two till full or X hours (Or optionally End of off Peak rates).

4 head unit would be for commercial applications for longer term parking (all day or all night). X hours to each head (or full witch ever occurs 1st) . To change cars in a parking deck, of a work place, hotel etc, where the parkers would be there for 8hours or so. Unit would need to keep track of what head pluged in 1st 2nd .. and supply power in that order.

I like it :D I had similar ideas the hardware side would be pretty easy, just a few more relays and some additional J1772 "whips" I'd have to get some help on the software side. Cool ideas, thanks for the feedback.

VegasBrad said:
flyonpa said:

I like it :D I had similar ideas the hardware side would be pretty easy, just a few more relays and some additional J1772 "whips" I'd have to get some help on the software side. Cool ideas, thanks for the feedback.

Nick Sayer has already done this with his Hydra.

You should put the price and shipping into a separate paragraph so it is easy to find.

https://code.google.com/p/open-evse/wiki/Hydra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back