Versicharge Generation 2 Charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, but it looks like a fairly good design. For one reason, Amazon's product description says,

"Further adjust charging status to specifically fit your schedule and electricity bill budget with help from the delay timer functionality, which allows you to postpone charging for up to eight hours from the time of plug-in with the press of a button. Regardless of when you choose to charge, the VersiCharge power output can be adjusted to complement the outlet's capability, ranging in increments from a maximum power setting of 7.2 kW to 1.8 kW."

Most higher priced "commercial" EVSEs don't even have these features.

I wonder why the front panel shows an icon for "WiFi", but nothing mentioned about this in the product description.

Just received my Versicharge Gen2 yesterday. I love it. I knew that L2 charging was faster than L1, but to experience it for myself was amazing. I already had the 6-50 recept wired up, and went so far as to put a digital meter in-line so I can accurately measure the total draw. So when it arrived, just had to screw the bracket to the wall, hang the unit, and plug it in.

My wife got home from work yesterday with 31%, and in exactly 2 hours it was charged up to 97%. That comes in really handy now especially with the cold weather zapping the batt capacity. With the L2, the gasser will sit still in the garage even more :D

Regarding the Wifi... Siemens briefly mentions in one of their promo videos for the Versicharge that they are working on a Wifi module that can plug in and then control your charging via computer/app. They mention the not-yet-available "Versicharge SG" - whatever that means. But I have a feeling the module will be backward compatible, just a guess since these current units have the remote control port.

Back