Finally Installing public chargers !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKPnSF

I have finally gotten the ear of our local City Council regarding the Win/Win benefits of installing public EV charging stations in our city in the Bay Area. Unfortunately I'm not well versed in the technology, subsidies, cost, who offers what etc.. Can anyone point me to someone, document(s) or a website that can help us? (Please excuse if this is a repeat)

SKPnSF said:
I have finally gotten the ear of our local City Council regarding the Win/Win benefits of installing public EV charging stations in our city in the Bay Area. Unfortunately I'm not well versed in the technology, subsidies, cost, who offers what etc.. Can anyone point me to someone, document(s) or a website that can help us? (Please excuse if this is a repeat)

Which city are you in, perhaps I can direct you to local help.

SKPnSF said:
EVDRIVER said:
Which city are you in, perhaps I can direct you to local help.

Alameda 94501 Thanks

You could contact the eastbay EAA chapter as well as plugin america but there are stations now. I'm not sure of a particular effort in Alemeda but the surrounding cities are getting upgrades from Clipper Creek which should include yours as well:

http://www.evchargernews.com/regions/ch-bay-all.htm

I would take the path of these upgrade sites and look at adding additional sites as well. Try Clipper Creek on these.

Walgreen's drug store is installing charging stations at 18 stores in Houston: http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-20023211-54.html. One interesting thing about this is that they talk about a mix of L2 and L3 charging, contrary to most speculation on this forum that most public charging will be L2 and that L3 will be limited to a handful of stations along major highways. The other interesting thing is the subscription model for access to the stations.

Back