Ready to order Level 2 for 2014 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

road1will

I have decided to go ahead and upgrade to a level 2 charger. The two chargers I have my eye on are the Clipper Creek HCS-40 and the Eaton Level 2 30 AMP.

Both of these chargers are 30 amp to take advantage of the 6.6kw charging, and both are in the $590 price range.

Can anyone tell me any reason I should pick one of these chargers over the other? Or if there is a third option I am missing.

Also, I will be installing a subpanel to feed this, and will be running it on a 40amp breaker.

road1will said:
I have decided to go ahead and upgrade to a level 2 charger. The two chargers I have my eye on are the Clipper Creek HCS-40 and the Eaton Level 2 30 AMP.

Both of these chargers are 30 amp to take advantage of the 6.6kw charging, and both are in the $590 price range.

Can anyone tell me any reason I should pick one of these chargers over the other? Or if there is a third option I am missing.

Also, I will be installing a subpanel to feed this, and will be running it on a 40amp breaker.

Just do this and call it a day!!
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Makes your charging time close to 1/3rd of what it is now..

I just did the EVSEupgrade and I'm very pleased. Saved about $200 over any other installation and had the EVSE back within two days.

I have a Clipper Creek HCS 40 P..... Quite a nice EVSE especially for the dollars spent. I had a 50 amp line run to my garage for $190.00... The install price included a 1450 receptacle plug... Bought the CC prewired for the 1450 receptacle. Cost of the CC was $640.00... Total cost was $830.00.... Note... Make sure you install the 1450 upside down if you are mounting the pre wired CC above the 1450.... I do not know why CC installs the prewired plug the way they do... You have to put a U in the power line to plug in the plug... Unless you install the 1450 upside down.... In OH install in the 1450 upside down does not affect the code....

Back