PEP EVSE (charging station) compatibility prob TSB NTB13-105

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

You can download the TSB from http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?catid=783#.UuII1_uIYeM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; after applying for a free account.

NTB13-105 ...
2011-2013 NISSAN LEAF; EV WARNING LIGHT “ON” AFTER USING A PEP CHARGING STATION
“PEP Charging Stations” (Figure 1) that are in operation as of the publication date of this bulletin may not comply with all of the SAE J1772 Standard specifications for error free charging of the LEAF.

cwerdna said:
You can download the TSB from http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?catid=783#.UuII1_uIYeM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; after applying for a free account.

NTB13-105 ...
2011-2013 NISSAN LEAF; EV WARNING LIGHT “ON” AFTER USING A PEP CHARGING STATION
“PEP Charging Stations” (Figure 1) that are in operation as of the publication date of this bulletin may not comply with all of the SAE J1772 Standard specifications for error free charging of the LEAF.

How do I download the bulletin? I have an account on the site, but still not able find the download, only the short description.

TorC said:
How do I download the bulletin? I have an account on the site, but still not able find the download, only the short description.
Once you're logged in, you need to click on the blue 3.5" floppy disk icon to the right of the TSB number.

Unfortunately, even though such an icon is universal == save, it will (or already has) become an anachronism for the younger folks, given that virtually no computers ship w/3.5" floppy drives anymore.

cwerdna said:
TorC said:
Once you're logged in, you need to click on the blue 3.5" floppy disk icon to the right of the TSB number.

Unfortunately, even though such an icon is universal == save, it will (or already has) become an anachronism for the younger folks, given that virtually no computers ship w/3.5" floppy drives anymore.

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I can not find the icon. I know how the icon should look like, but I can not find it.
I see a padlock next to the TSB number, but no floppy disc. And on top of the page is says "Hi, (username)". And LOG OUT. So I am logged in...

And just for the record, I am old enough to remember the old floppy discs...

With the statement " may not comply with SAE J1772 Standard specifications for error free charging of the LEAF" this sounds a lot like the LEAF software error that caused so many failed on board chargers using the GE Watts and a few other brands during loss of power events in which Nissan's faulty software allowed the on board charger to be in a shorted state and then it fried when the EVSE re-established power to it as discussed in this thread:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10773#p246663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is that correct?

P3227 supposedly fixed that unfortunately with software errors on degraded regeneration.

Why is this "error" different?

If so why does Nissan want to blame it on the EVSE when most indications are that it was their mistake?

@ cwerdna

This time it was me that forgot this post...

I have now tried with 3 different browsers, 4 computers, and 3 e-mail adresses, and even an IP-changer that makes my IP a US-IP. Nothing works. I do not up the same icons as you do. I have sent the admin of the site several e-mail over the past few months and they do not reply nor give me access.

I just do not know what I am doing wrong.

I have now only one option left: beg for help... May I ask you to help me? I would be very very grateful. Could you send the bulletin to me by e-mail? I can send you my adress as a PM. Or put the bulletin out on scribd.com? Or upload it to a dropbox folder (I can send you a PM with a private adress).

Back