Nissan EVSE Waiver Form and process - AV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRONZ

So I hear that alot of people are getting official Waivers from Nissan for the Aerovironment EVSE installs. Who do you contact to apply for this waiver and what do you do? If someone could post a link to this Waiver form I would appreciate it. I am going to have a 220v line all set up for when the car arrives so will not be needing AV's installation "service".

TRONZ said:
So I hear that alot of people are getting official Waivers from Nissan for the Aerovironment EVSE installs. Who do you contact to apply for this waiver and what do you do? If someone could post a link to this Waiver form I would appreciate it. I am going to have a 220v line all set up for when the car arrives so will not be needing AV's installation "service".
You can request to have the AV waiver put in place before the RAQ date. At the time of RAQ, you just acknowledge it.

My request to have the AV waiver put in was done through online chat.

Through Chat or Phone (CS 1-877-664-2738), ask them to "enable the AV waiver" on your account.

Then, when it comes time for you to RAQ, the lack of AV-assessment "stuff" will not hold things up. At the start of RAQ/Ordering, you read the waiver and click a choice, basically to verify that you have done so. Then the RAQ process will proceed.

To make things easier, Nissan should just "enable" a slightly re-worded "acknowledgment" for all users. Then, the whole process would go smoothly for everyone.

Aaaaahhhh. OK. It's ALL good! Just had a nice chat with LEAF customer service and the Waiver is no problem (and I already have a December delivery Confirmed). The AV quote was completed (but I did not accept it). Sometimes it is good to procrastinate I guess :roll: . The LEAF CSR was very helpful and enabled the EVSE Waiver on my account. I was then patched directly over to Aerovironment so I could be put on the priority list for a "Cash and Carry" EVSE in December. The price for the AV unit is $720. I have also contacted Ecotality and gotten on there Priority list for a Blink but it is $1200. Developing EVSE options is good.

uuuuuummmm... where in the Dashboard do I find the Waiver? I looked all over the Charger Quote section and under "My Document". Nothing. Am I looking in the right place???

I was told the existing waiver will not work or cannot be initiated after the order is placed.
The waiver seems to be for people that needed it as the actual ordering was being held up.

Otherwise maybe it takes a day to update.

TRONZ said:
Aaaaahhhh. OK. It's ALL good! Just had a nice chat with LEAF customer service and the Waiver is no problem (and I already have a December delivery Confirmed). The AV quote was completed (but I did not accept it). Sometimes it is good to procrastinate I guess :roll: . The LEAF CSR was very helpful and enabled the EVSE Waiver on my account. I was then patched directly over to Aerovironment so I could be put on the priority list for a "Cash and Carry" EVSE in December. The price for the AV unit is $720. I have also contacted Ecotality and gotten on there Priority list for a Blink but it is $1200. Developing EVSE options is good.

So you are saying your dashboard says Dec delivery? Because the dealer printouts are not the same.

EVDRIVER said:
TRONZ said:

So you are saying your dashboard says Dec delivery? Because the dealer printouts are not the same.

No the Dashboard still says "pending" like everyone else. My dealer called me this week to congratulate us as "now showing" for a Dec delivery on his computer. He seemed to feel that only one shipment of cars would be made in Dec due to the Holiday schedule. But who knows. He also stated that ONLY August 31 orders were now showing for Dec delivery. Guess we will will all wait and see what happens.

TRONZ said:
uuuuuummmm... where in the Dashboard do I find the Waiver? I looked all over the Charger Quote section and under "My Document". Nothing. Am I looking in the right place???
The link to the waiver can be found on the right side of your dashboard:

(click to enlarge)

...and here's the text of the waiver itself:
waiver.png

The waiver will not be visible until your account is open to request a quote. But I think your account is already opened right? So it probably just takes a day or two.

That waiver is for not getting the assessment.

Nissan needs to make up a new waiver for those of us that paid the sucker fee, have the home assessment complete, and need to decline getting the AV install work done.

smkettner said:
That waiver is for not getting the assessment.

Nissan needs to make up a new waiver for those of us that paid the sucker fee, have the home assessment complete, and need to decline getting the AV install work done.
You mean as it stands now, if you had the assessment done Nissan won't let you order until you agree to their estimate? :shock: If that is the case, they seriously need to get that corrected. I had thought simply having the assessment done (or having the assessment waiver) would be enough to allow you to place an order. Guess they never considered that anyone might choose to decline their quote from AV.

No,
Had the assessment and was clear to order mid August
I ordered normally Sept 29th, the day my turn in line came up
Now my dash is open to schedule AV to install and they want my credit card number to collect full payment.

I need a waiver to decline the completed assessment that I do not approve
Dash board also says completed assessment is accepted and have not accepted anything to do with the assessment.

Ok thanks for the clarification. So now that you've already had the AV assessment and ordered the car, the system wants to schedule your AV install. Well, if you don't want the AV install, I see no harm in just ignoring the message on your dash and not giving them your CC number, it's not like you've agreed to a contract and I'm sure they're not going to hold up delivery of your car on account of that.

Considering my 9/29 order date and the state of the CA rebate money I want absolutely no chance of delivery delay.

Someone somewhere will have a snafu and their delivery will be delayed and they will miss the CA rebate. JMHO.
I don't want this to be me.

Just noticed that on my dashboard there is the option to cancel AV installation. Of course in my case this option is disabled as I have not had the assessment. Have you tried this option? I would imagine they would give you a waiver when you cancel AV installation online - but this is too logical and with all the bugs we've seen so far who knows what will happen.

clipboard1f.png

johnr said:
Just noticed that on my dashboard there is the option to cancel AV installation. Of course in my case this option is disabled as I have not had the assessment. Have you tried this option? I would imagine they would give you a waiver when you cancel AV installation online - but this is too logical and with all the bugs we've seen so far who knows what will happen.

clipboard1f.png

I have no such option on my page. There is only an option to schedule the installation of the AV Quoted unit. I have spoken with both Nissan and AV and have told them that I will not be purchasing their unit, but I still have no way to decline this, at this time.

That cancel must be to cancel a scheduled install appointment. I assume this would allow the person to reschedule as needed.

The dashboard just takes us to a screen that shows the line item cost and total of the install. Then moving forward the only option is to put in the credit card and billing info.

There is no option to just opt out completely and wait for Carwings

palmermd said:
johnr said:
I have no such option on my page. There is only an option to schedule the installation of the AV Quoted unit. I have spoken with both Nissan and AV and have told them that I will not be purchasing their unit, but I still have no way to decline this, at this time.
No such option on mine, either. However, I had gotten the assessment last summer and ordered the car last month. I just now called Nissan for the first time and was pleased by how quickly I got through to a real person. I explained that I would be driving only 20-30 miles per day and didn't think I needed 240v charging. The fellow I was speaking to told me rather apologetically that he was required to tell me that the trickle charging cord supplied with the car would require 18-20 hours to charge from a completely dead battery (yes, that was the term he used!) but that he understood it might be adequate for my situation. He asked me if I wanted a waiver, and I said yes. He then told me I probably wouldn't see any change immediately on my dashboard, but that when it was time for the Carwings step I would have a chance to agree to the waiver.

It was really a very painless process.

This is pretty much what I am seeing as well. It would seem we just need for the next step to happen so we can say no thanks to the AV install offered. I drive 22 miles a day with our Civic so thats about 25% of a LEAF charge. I think I can find 4-5 hours of time for charging up overnight. In fact the Civic typically sits in the garage from 8pm to 9am so 13 hours is a 60-70% charge. So even if we didnt want a L2 EVSE at all, it would be all good. Still getting one, but nice to not have any pressure.

I also did the AV assessment before ordering, and I have no option to cancel the installation in the dashboard. I think the L1 will work for me.

I did an online chat with Nissan's support:

Me:
I noted that my dashboard says I can schedule my home charging dock install - I am not interested in this charing dock.
Me:
Do I need to cancel it?
Me:
I want to make sure it does not delay my car delivery date

Support person:
It will not effect your delivery timing. If you are not interested in the home charging station just do not schedule to have it installed.

Back