CHarging "Brick" replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Seems that my charging "brick" is stolen :(
Tried to find by asking neighbors but nobody knows anything :(

Asked Nissan and replacement costs 1000$ :roll: at least for 2012 model.

I guess that they all should be compatible, so can I buy charger for 2013 model (if I remember right it is much smaller size - at least something positive in ordering new one for 1000 dollars)? What is the part number to order to get smaller one for sure?

Or maybe I can even buy new charger from other manufacturer - can they be cheaper (and compatible) than Nissans? Who knows?

2012 version available at parts.com for $700:

http://www.parts.com/parts/2012/NISSAN/LEAF/SV/index.cfm?searchText=296M1-3NA0A&siteid=2&year=2012&make=NISSAN&model=LEAF&submodel=SV&vehicleid=1501684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's front/back pics of the 2013 brick...

2013leafchargeadapter.jpg

2013leafchargeadapterrear.jpg

jopickens said:

Thanks!

Is it for 120V only? Do you use another charger for 240V? Mine was "european" 240V.

Den said:
jopickens said:
Thanks!

Is it for 120V only? Do you use another charger for 240V? Mine was "european" 240V.
Are you in Europe? Please update your location in your user profile. If we had realized you weren't talking about North America, you would probably have gotten better responses.

The Nissan EVSE (Model No 29690 3NA0A) that came with my 2011 Leaf is labeled Maximum Ambient Temperature 45 deg C (which is 113 deg F), and I note that the 2013 Leaf's Nissan EVSE (Model No 29690 3NF0A) photo above is labeled Maximum Ambient Temperature 50 deg C (which is 122 deg F).

Did the change to this narrower EVSE only begin with the 2013 Leaf model year? Did this change in Max Ambient occur only with the narrower EVSE?

I note that the Maximum Ambient Temperature appears to typically be 50 deg C for all the Level 2 EVSEs that I checked.

mwalsh said:
FI = Finland?

Yes.

I thought they are common worldwide so support 110-240V. What can be so expensive in this device? :roll:

We are all befuddled why these things are so expensive.
Nor do we understand why they are not world voltage universal like any laptop or cellphone charging brick.
I recommend the proper version from you local discount supplier.

smkettner said:
We are all befuddled why these things are so expensive.
Nor do we understand why they are not world voltage universal like any laptop or cellphone charging brick.
I recommend the proper version from you local discount supplier.

I recall that early-on they were much less expensive and then they raised the price dramatically. Either they had initially priced it totally wrong, or perhaps they had other reasons such as discouraging use with other vehicles [shrug].

Viktor said:
So, does European version comes with Level 2 EVSE?
If you want to call it that. That nomenclature doesn't come up because there is no 100v/120v available. I think they're limited to 10a to work on 13a residential circuits.

Back