EVI ICS-200 vs Leaf charge timer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nworbekim

I have a recently installed EVI ICS-200 that refuses to charge my 2012 Leaf if I set the charge timers. The ICS-200 does charge the Leaf when I over ride the timers and tell the Leaf to charge immediately.

When I set up a charge timer, the ready and charging lights on the ICS-200 both illuminate which one of the docs says mean the car terminated charging. Both of these lights are also illuminated after the Leaf finishes charging using "charge immediately".

This is also preventing me from using the climate control timer.

Does anyone know if an ICS-200 should work with the Leaf for delayed charging?

Regards,
Mike

Have not had a problem with either a LEAF or Volt with ICS-200. There are A and B models ... I think ours is B, but not 100% sure. And I could not really explain what the difference between models would be.

There was an issue back around 10+ years ago with delayed charging. I don't recall the details, but I think the ICS was set to only allow a single charge cycle per connection. Because the LEAF does "test" the connection when first plugged in, the one allowed cycle is "used" up. At least this is my speculation as to what might be happening in your case.

There is some software to connect to the serial port on the ICS200. It is called FICS. With the FICS a parameter could be changed to disable that one-cycle mode.

If spies or EVDRIVER do not reply here ... try contacting them by PM for more details. They may be able to help.

Where are you located ?

I'm in St. Louis, Missouri.

I couldn't find a FICS cable to update the software or adjust settings so I finally returned the unit. I sent requests looking for a loaner cable to the Yahoo Ranger EV group, the EVDL and the Sacramento EAA lists and got a few leads which didn't work out.

I plan to build an openevse which is known to work with the Leaf's timers.

Mike

nworbekim said:
I'm in St. Louis, Missouri.
I plan to build an openevse which is known to work with the Leaf's timers.

Mike
Consider updating your Profile with your location.

Good move (openevse) :)

Back