Evoasis Charging for DCQC from 12-15-12 at San Juan Cap

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evoasis

We will be turning-on the tariff system at the end of next week (12/15) at our Residence Inn (or "Turtle-Inn"), San Juan Capistrano beginning next Saturday. We have recorded 253 charging sessions in the 34 days that have elapsed since the November 4th ChargePoint activation. Thanks to all of you who have visited, and I hope this has and will continue to make your inter-county trips a little easier and more enjoyable:)
Note we have set On-Peak $20 (100%) or $15 (100%) Off-Peak Tariffs initially. Off-Peak runs from 701PM to 1059AM every day. Usage has been pretty well spread throughout the day and we are only running at 20% of maximum session capacity for the 7AM-10PM traffic window.
Note you can set the Quick-Charge session to charge by minute, by % of battery state or by kWh. Just hit the Advanced Icon on the touch-screen and enter preference. No Peak session will incur a $20 charge as the unit will only achieve high 90% level.
Average time-on-station has been 29 minutes with an average load-up of 12.5kWh
Average cost will be $8.50 On-Peak and $6.00 Off-Peak. We will lower the price to $15 (Peak) and $10 (Off-Peak) when we begin to average at least 2 MW/Month. To date we have delivered just over 1.2 MW.
Warning: If anyone gets a "red screen" fault message on the EVSE unit, make sure the car is turned off and hold the "green" (I know; it's counter-intuitive) Stop Charging button down for 3-4 seconds and it should reset the EVQC. This has only happened twice in 230+ charging sessions but under no circumstances should you hit the Emergency Stop (Red) Button which requires breaking the glass cover to activate. Unless of course there is a fire in the vehicle...
One of our drivers has done this already and we have taken his car away and hidden it in a shed;)
He will get it back at our 1st Anniversary Party which is Halloween 2013, so you have been warned:) At the very least we will paint your car with Zebra Stripes and Make you "Pledge" for the San Juan Capistrano Volunteer Fire Brigade, which isn't as fun as it sounds!
Happy Holidays to all and we'll see you at the "Turtle-Inn".

Back