All Nissan Dealers have L2?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach81

In my Nissan app it shows my local dealership has an L2 EVSE, but when I called to check they said no.. and I drove around this evening to check and saw none visible.

Should this prompt a call to Nissan USA?

I suppose you could call Nissan Corporate, but I don't think there is any requirement they have one, or that they allow you to use it. Some dealers have public chargers that are not free as well.

Having at least one L2 I believe is one of the requirements for being "Leaf-certified." But it's been discussed here before that Nissan (nor any other manufacturer) cannot force its dealers to allow anybody to use them, even people who bought the car from them. Tesla can do this because they own the dealerships as well.

It is also a possibility that they lost their Leaf technician or certification from Nissan, so they removed their charger. IMO, that's one of Nissan's big weaknesses in EV's that not all dealerships are Leaf certified, most only have ONE Leaf technician, and if he quits you are screwed. (Unless you are in California where there's probably another Nissan dealer 5 miles down the road)
Another way you can verify a charging location is on Plugshare, where there are usually details as to where the charger is located, if it is functional, etc.

Back