my new plates

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tech01

Just got my plates! 313 hope this isn't a harbinger of luck. A parking official in DesPlaines stopped, got out of her vehicle checked the front plate, then checked the back plate, repeated the process. returned to her vehicle with what appeared to be a ticket book, I then intervened. She had noticed the plate as not being one she had ever seen and also noted that it was good for two years. So she was now going to run the vehicle vin, as nothing came back with the plate number. We had a conversation about the relative merits of the leaf, she didn't get the whole vin but is now informed on what a great car Leafs are and all went away happy. Illinois doesn't seem to be on top of the whole "Electric Car" thing yet! Also we thought that the image of Lincoln should be centered between EL and the number sequence. ;)

tech01 said:
Just got my plates! 313 hope this isn't a harbinger of luck. A parking official in DesPlaines stopped, got out of her vehicle checked the front plate, then checked the back plate, repeated the process. returned to her vehicle with what appeared to be a ticket book, I then intervened. She had noticed the plate as not being one she had ever seen and also noted that it was good for two years. So she was now going to run the vehicle vin, as nothing came back with the plate number. We had a conversation about the relative merits of the leaf, she didn't get the whole vin but is now informed on what a great car Leafs are and all went away happy. Illinois doesn't seem to be on top of the whole "Electric Car" thing yet! Also we thought that the image of Lincoln should be centered between EL and the number sequence. ;)

photo?!?

Apparently Illinois plates for an EV have a new "style" that the officer
was not familiar with: "EL<space><numbers>" or similar.

Just a description of the encounter, no question or problem.

ebill3 said:
lspooz said:
Yes. Not clear what the problem, question, discrepency is.

Bill

35.jpg

JUST KIDDING :mrgreen:

If this PDF is accurate, I have no idea how a meter reader would cope. There are more specialty plates than you can shake a stick at! The EL plate is several pages into the listing.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd665.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No photo yet. "Beano" is on loan to a neighbor for a mini van today as it will not hold 3 adults and two kids worth of luggage. The meter maid in DesPlaines thought a plate number that low was someone important and maybe didn't want to miss a photo opp. The vehicle was parked legally, though in Chicago that isn't always relevant. We wonder if other states have special plates at reduced cost? Love the governor lic. plate! It occurs to me that a license plate frame with the gov theme would be a hit. Maybe Blago could make some money that way. We would pop for that one.

Back