Plugshare users

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astralfish

If you posted your home on the PlugShare app, please be willing to provide an outlet for fellow EV drivers.

I'm not going to name any names..

astralfish said:
If you posted your home on the PlugShare app, please be willing to provide an outlet for fellow EV drivers.

isnt that the entire point?

You mean you called up one of the listings and he/she told you to buzz off?
I am waiting on my first call. But I'd like to think that folks would gladly bring me a six-pack of sammy or sierra; or a nice cab.

Yeah pretty much. They suggested charging at a dealership the opposite direction from where I was headed.

It makes me want to delete the app.

To try and be fair to this fellow, it looks like he signed up to PlugShare at the beginning of April. When you look at the app versions, it doesn't look like you were able to see other private outlets unless you shared your own until v1.2, released after he listed his outlet. He may well have no intention of sharing, but needed to in order to get full use of the app.

astralfish said:

Maybe there should be a rating system where three independent strikes and you are out.

I had a plug-share J1772 listed in my neighborhood, but showing at a business address.
I drove all around the business looking for any kind of outlet but never found any.
So I emailed to the listed email address and got back a response:
"I was thinking of getting a Leaf someday, so I put down my work address thinking they might put in a J1772 for me someday."

After I explained that some people might try to go there in a low-charge emergency, he said he would delete the entry until it is "real."

So, yeah, double check that a location works and exists before making any plans to go there.

It would be nice to be able to add "user comments" and/or ratings. I haven't played too much with the app, but have it installed and looked at it a couple times, fully intending to add my home as well (not really useful since I'm in between two dealerships that allow charging, but what the hey?)

Allowing users to add comments about availability or exact location or whatnot could be really handy when you're trying to track down a station. Maybe even additional user pics?

I'm pretty sure the Plugshare guys are on this forum, admittedly, so they'll likely eventually read this thread... but it might be worth trying to send them some feedback suggesting those features (ratings or user-comments on availablility, etc.)

Is anyone adding public chargers to the Plugshare app? I just added Mitsubishi, the Seal Beach public parking one, and the one at the San Bernadino 7-Eleven. But I don't see the new ones in San Diego or the ones in Laguna Beach.

It's not going to work without a bit of effort by other users (hint: I mean YOU), and I still think Plugshare is the best we've got so far!

Edit: I partially take that back...the Blinks at Reuben H. Fleet are in there already.

garygid said:
PS says that they will introduce their web-browser app within ABOUT 2 weeks!
I hope it's not Iphone only. sheesh. In any event, no one's stopped by for using our plug. Must be that cheep deoderant.
:D

Thats really too bad.

I have yet to get any request for charging....I even have beach access and an outdoor charger.

I just added the only L2 Blink charger in Orange County according to the blink™Map.

Parking garage of Wood & Brown:
701 S. Parker, Orange, CA

SW corner on level 1. Caged and locked, but there is a number to call and a security guard comes right out and unlocks it. Free to use, but the hours are 6am to 11pm M-F (didn't ask about weekends).

blink_orange.JPG

z0ner said:
I just added the only L2 Blink charger in Orange County according to the blink™Map.

Parking garage of Wood & Brown:
701 S. Parker, Orange, CA

SW corner on level 1. Caged and locked, but there is a number to call and a security guard comes right out and unlocks it. Free to use, but the hours are 6am to 11pm M-F (didn't ask about weekends).

Nice! Boy that's some cage it's locked into. :lol:

z0ner said:
mwalsh said:
Nice! Boy that's some cage it's locked into. :lol:

No doubt! Notice the 120V outlet in the lower left that broke free of its shackles? :)

I noticed the box, but was hoping beyond hope that it would be a 6-20/30/50 outlet. :lol:

Probably worth mentioning ('cause I assume that it is, in fact, true) that this is not going to be an EV Project install either. So a big fist-bump to whomever installed it!

Back