LosAngeles Metro - Nissan no charge to charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi,
Does anyone know when LA metro will be included in the Nissan no charge to Charge program?
Also will it be only for the new buyers closer to the date when the program will be extended to LA? I just got my Leaf. Talking to nissan support, i found out that they already shipped the cards to buyers from Sanfrancisco,San diego, Sacramento etc.. Its a bumer that LA is not included, just cant figure out why.

goelectric2014 said:
hi,
i found out that they already shipped the cards to buyers from Sanfrancisco,San diego, Sacramento etc.
I haven't seen it here in the SF Bay area yet - so much for starting on the first of July.

SD, SF, and Sacramento (among others) Leaf owners should be receiving their EZ-Charge Card if they haven't already because those markets have been live for a few months. According to http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/charging-range/charging/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (halfway down the page where it says No Charge to Charge), LA Market was just recently added. You would think it should be one of the first markets... Anyway, here is the fine print:

This offer applies to all new MY 2013 or later Nissan LEAFs purchased or leased (i) beginning 4/1/14 through 7/7/19 from a participating dealer located in the following markets: Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA; Sacramento, CA; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Nashville, TN; Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX; Houston, TX; and Washington, DC; and (ii) beginning 7/1/14 through 7/7/19 from a participating dealer located in Los Angeles, CA. Fleet customers not eligible. The approximate retail value of the offer is up to $1012, but may vary by market. The offer cannot be combined with other offers, is non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash. Offer requires activation of the EZ-Charge Card. Other terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria apply. Visit EZ-Charge.com or http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/ev-incentives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details. Public charging stations are third-party owned, not within Nissan’s control. Availability of public charging stations not guaranteed. Offer is subject to change at any time and/or is subject to early termination without notice

I dropped by my local dealer in LA today and the GM said he is aware of the program but has yet to receive any cards from Nissan. He said the cards will be distributed according to the instructions provided in the package. I'm crossing my fingers.

Back