Charging/parking issues at LADWP on Hope Street in L.A.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

Charging at the LADWP facility on Hope Street in downtown L.A. has now become quite problematic during business hours.
Apparently, according to my contact there, they have now been aggressively advertising their charging facilities internally to employees.
As a result, the chargers are now almost always continuously full during regular business hours. I was down there this last Friday morning and there were 8 Volts, 3 PiPs, and 1 Honda Fit in the stalls (see picture). Yes, just one real EV... I came back later two times about an hour and a half apart during the day and all the stalls were still full, the last time with nothing but plug-in hybrids.

There are also a couple of other changes... Parking is now limited to four hours maximum at any time. If you can't find a charger, you are not allowed to park and remain in the lot. If you do so, they will charge you regular parking rates which are expensive ($21). Likewise if you stay beyond four hours. The "Security Guard" at the gate is also very rude and belligerent and will give you a very hard time about it!

Also, there is a 120/240 outlet box that one could use in the past to charge with one's own EVSE, but that box is no longer functional.

So, I would not longer depend on being able to charge at the LADWP facility during business hours.

34hvpfs.jpg

Back