New Charging station at Best Western

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyas

Just got my Leaf(and yes...a great car!)...and have decided to install a 120v charging outlet at our hotel. It is a dedicated parking spot--with a sign and the outlet right in front. Just need to have the charging cable for the trickle charge.

I have put this in Plugshare and the Recargo apps. If there are any other sites I should put our hotel on please let me know.

So...if anyone is on the 10 freeway and near Palm Springs/Indio then we do have the Trickle charge option. And we do not charge.

It is the Best Western Date Tree Hotel. Am also working with the City of Indio to see if they would help put in L2 charger--as some other cities work closely to build up the stations.

Thanks for your efforts! A year ago we took a trip to Cathedral City in the LEAF and L2 charged at the hotel using our adapters. L2 was definitely necessary, as we needed a full charge overnight.

This is a great time of year to visit the desert...

Well...we want to do our part. Wish we could offer the L2--just too expensive now. But with the L1, and if spending the night, it will work out perfectly.

If coming out again, come and stay at our hotel. I will work out a special rate for Forum members.

I appreciate the kind offer!

On our trip to Cathedral City last year, I think we arrived with roughly 10% charge remaining. On a new LEAF, L1 charging from 10% to 100% will take something like 19 hours. That's too long. Upon arrival in our case, we L2 charged for a couple of hours, then drove around town. We charged overnight, drove to/from a hiking trail early in the morning, then topped off the car before checking out and driving home.

How did we manage to do L2 charging? With permission, we used the outlets already available in our ground-floor room. With the right adapter and an "upgraded" Nissan EVSE, one can plug in to a typical 240 V air conditioner outlet, or use a "Quick 220" unit to draw 240 V from two 120 V outlets.

My suggestion would be to offer ground-floor rooms directly adjacent to parking, if available, to EV drivers for whom L1 is not enough.

All of that said, offering L1 charging with a dedicated space is going beyond most hotel owners. Thank you for being pro-active!

Thanks for the tip. We are seeing how people use the L1 spot--and if we have the demand...then maybe I can get the owner to go for an L2 station.

If someone, however, shows up with 5 or 6 bars--then getting a full charge after spending the night should be no problem. Or, again, if they just want to get some "fuel" and get directly off the freeway then our hotel will work.

Hope to see you out here on your next trip down from Arrowhead.

Back