Hard to find another unicorn leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osi

I found a 2015 leaf in AZ that only had 21k miles on it, 12 bars, 88 miles of range on the gauge, it was blue and black interior. It was being sold for 10k. It’s gone now :(
There is another leaf that has a much better look, white exterior white interior, Bose system, quick charging, all that, but the battery has lost 2 bars and says 77% SOH in leaf spy, 49AHr, about 60%Hx. 40k miles. It is also 10k. Now I really like the look of this leaf, but the battery is what I’m worried about. It seems kinda degraded for only 40k, I’d like to get at least 60 miles out of it, 50 is my minimum. Should I get this leaf or keep looking?

50/60 highway or city? 2 bars lost would mean careful driving to be sure of 60 miles at highway speeds. 50 miles would be less of a problem, but still doesn't leave much room for error, like a long detour or unexpected side trip.

mwalsh said:
50/60 highway or city? 2 bars lost would mean careful driving to be sure of 60 miles at highway speeds. 50 miles would be less of a problem, but still doesn't leave much room for error, like a long detour or unexpected side trip.

pretty much all city driving. i wont be going on the highway much. What do you think of the amount of degradation? is that reasonable for 40k? it seems fairly standard, maybe a little high for that many miles. The car im looking at was used in some sort of fleet of leafs, they were pretty much never quick charged on only used L1&L2 chargers.

This one isn't bad, with 11 bars, might be worth checking out:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=510672617&zip=85284&makeCode1=NISSAN&modelCode1=LEAF&dealerId=66671179

LeftieBiker said:
A Leaf in your climate is not a good idea. I suggest a used Volt, which would have a battery cooling system. If you insist on a used Leaf, read this:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662

Yeah well I’m willing to deal with the degradation. I really want an EV and a leaf is in my price range. Im gonna get the leaf I mentioned, it’s white with tan interior, which should help in the sun a little and load on the AC, it’s a 2015, and the battery isn’t completely shot. I’m following basically everything in that guide. Even when the battery is 60% degraded it should meet most of my needs. I don’t drive far just a lot and with lots of short trips, in the city.

If you already made your mind up why ask for advice? The car you mention in the first post isn't a good bet. It's either got the older battery chemistry or the AZ heat is cooking its pack. We don't know which because you don't mention a year. Finally, it's very overpriced at $10k. Cwerdna here has a 2013 loaded SV with no QC and 11 bars for ~$7000. You could likely get it shipped to you for about $700.

Back