Lease price in the UK - seems like a huge uplift

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leylandrichard

I’ve had two Leafs so far. The 24 Kw Acenta for 24 months and the 30Kw Acenta. In both cases I was paying £245 per month - and felt I’d negotiated a decent price (though who knows).

I’m coming to the end of my current lease and thought i’d get the current 40 Kw Acenta - but was quoted £495 per month. Slightly more than twice the price!

I know there are several factors at play here: The car’s list price is higher, they’re not discounting like they did in the early days, etc. But will I really have to pay TWICE the monthly cost?!

I tried to get a competitive quote on the Hyundai Kona, but with a lead time of 40 weeks as of today, I’m not sure this will motivate my local dealer to reduce the list price. My other strategy is to threaten just to buy my current car outright, so the dealer gets no sale, but I didn’t get the sense that would help much.

Thoughts?
What’s the best monthly cost on a lease that people are seeing?!?

£495/month for a Leaf. The sad thing is some people are probably paying it, too.

Not sure if you guys are getting the e+ just announced? I assume it's one of the reasons they've been giving away gen 2 leafs over here, and will likely continue to. Perhaps they will for you, too.

If not, buy a different vehicle. Don't feel like you need a Leaf. That is too much to pay.

Back