Price check on 2014 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TForan

Hi
First post. I'm looking at a clean SL with 24,000 miles. It shows 11 bars. Like new snow tires and a Bosch charger. The lady is asking $13,500. That seems quite high but I'm new to Leafs. I was thinking closer to 10K ? Here's the car and thanks for any help.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/245467062827348/?surface=messenger_banner

It appears to have the Premium Package and I think as an SL it will also have QC. So it all depends on the battery health, and on the absence or presence of any minor damage or moderate wear. Given the extras included I'd say it's right at the top of actual value. If the battery is over 90% SOH I'd offer $12k and go $500 higher than that, if it's pristine.

So, I shouldn't just go by the 11 bars ? Use Leaf spy or have a dealer check it out ? Thanks !

Damn, I somehow missed you noting 11 bars. Sorry! I did look at the ad. No, the car isn't worth anywhere near the asking price. $10k is the ceiling, and only then for someone who has low range needs.

I sleep days, and tend to use the internet as my "morning coffee." I've got to stop replying to posts before I'm fully awake! What are your range needs, and where (region or city) do you live?

I live in Traverse City Mi and I would use the car for around town. She was a bit insulted with the offer of $9500.

Explain to her that losing a capacity bar reduces the car's value substantially. To be fair she probably has no idea what the bars mean, so try explaining that her car has lost at least 15% of its never-large range, and maybe as much as 20%. If the range still works fine for you, and will with 10 bars as well, decide what the car is worth to you. If no more than what you've offered, move on.

Hmm, the car is from California (California car pool lane stickers). I have a 2013S that lost 1 bar at 36k mi, my wife has a 2013 SV bought at the same time as mine with 12 bars and 50k miles, from the SF Bay area. Looks like the car was in a hot part of California to lose a bar at 24k miles. Doesn't look like a good deal to me.

Back