Should I take 7108 for my 2013 SV ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunil

I have a firm offer for 7108 for my 2013 SV (Premium Package, but no QC; 46K miles; still have all 12 bars on battery). KBB says trade-in is in the range of 6900 to 8200. This is in San Jose, CA. I don’t quite believe the top end of the range, so I am tempted. Comments from anybody who has bought or sold a 2013 recently ?

Not sure what additional info you want. Battery still has 12 bars. I routinely charge it to 100% daily and it reaches between 85 and 88. Probably within 5 miles of when I got it new. Well, off for a second quote. Might come back with no car. New car in my horizon !

SageBrush said:
are you going to pull a "Nissan" ?
Not sure what that means.
sunil said:
it reaches between 85 and 88. Probably within 5 miles of when I got it new.
Guess-o-meter is worthless for determining battery condition.

It is likely close to losing its 1st capacity bar. If you had Leaf Spy SOH and Hx readings, we could get any idea of how close.

cwerdna said:
SageBrush said:
are you going to pull a "Nissan" ?
Not sure what that means.

It is likely close to losing its 1st capacity bar. If you had Leaf Spy SOH and Hx readings, we could get any idea of how close.
It means leaving the buyer to guess where the battery capacity is in the 85% - 100% interval.
Or in the case of of a 30 kWh model, in the 80% - 100% interval.

7108 from KBB dealer. 7K from Carmax. Bye bye baby. It’s been a great 4.5 yrs knowing you. Sitting at KBB dealer now as they do the final papers.

You got a a decent price. The combination of likely nearing the first bar loss, plus no QC to mitigate that, plus higher odometer mileage, all mean that the car wasn't top value for a 2013. Premium Package tends to appeal a lot to some Leaf-savvy buyers (like me), but doesn't matter at all to most people.

Back