Are these fair prices for a 2013 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oofey23

Hi All,

I'm ready to take the plunge into an electric vehicle and don't really need much as far as mileage so someone suggested I look into used Leafs. I'd love to keep the cost <= $10k

Unfortunately, I'm in the Daytona area on the east coast of Florida, and there's very little electric vehicle penetration down here. I found only these 2 2013 models in my immediate area. I'll probably buy one of those OBD2 devices and Leaf Spy before I go into the dealership to check them out, but if these are far out of line for what they are worth, I'll probably just keep looking further out of my area.

Option 1: http://www.becknissan.com/used/Nissan/2013-Nissan-Leaf-palatka+fl-f117d4910a0e0ae7682674b884e6f1c5.htm

Option 2: http://www.becknissan.com/used/Nissan/2013-Nissan-Leaf-palatka+fl-89e548450a0e0a6b3b5b9d259196083d.htm

Please let me know if those links don't work for you. I appreciate any insight anyone has!

Can't tell too much from that dealer's ads, but on the second one you can see it is down to 11 capacity bars. Might be about to loose another bar at that mileage (40K).

Can see it has cheap Chinese tires (Ironman/Hercules) just installed - that can tell you something about the dealer and their pricing strategy.

The driver armrest looks quite dirty. Not sure if that means they have tried to clean it and that's as good as it gets.
Motor cover has a lot of staining on it. Could be from water or something else.

These S trim levels don't have a rear view camera which may or may not be important to you.

Good starting point to check them out and get familiar with what to expect, but they don't look like ones to focus on to me.

Thank you so much for your replies. I would not even have thought to look at the tires! Great advice that I will think about in the future :)

If i do end up checking these out, I'll verify the date and make sure they have the QC available. I may just wait for the 2014 to come down into 2013 price territory so it's not a concern, I guess.

Thank you so much for checking them out for me!

If I could have you guys check one more out. This one seems to still be < $10k and a 2015. It also has the cheap Ironman tires, but battery seems to have all bars if I'm counting right :)

http://www.reednissan.com/auto/used-2015-nissan-leaf-s-orlando-fl/21923604/

LeftieBiker said:
If you get a Carfax report that will give the build and in service dates for the car.

Oh good point. i guess I should start subscribing to that service before looking at cars.

Actually, you should just ask the dealer for the Carfax report before you even begin to discuss price. Additionally, always check the battery before discussing price or negotiate replacing the battery into the price.

To give you an idea, I got my 2013 Leaf last March with a SOH at about 75% for around $6,000 out the door and that is in Southern California with a trade in that we were upside down on by about $500.

I got lucky and the battery dropped down enough to get replaced last month, but that should give you a good rule of thumb. I will also back up the comment that says do not get a Leaf without the QC option.

joeriv said:
The 2013 S with the Quick Charge package has the back-up camera - I would not get one without QC.
Not all Leafs with the Quick Charge package has a backup camera, mine has Quick Charge, but does not have a backup camera. I also have rear heated seats and mine is a 2013, so I am still not sure which model I actually have.

LeftieBiker said:
I believe that all Leafs had heated rear seats in 2013. If you have a telematics/Nav console, you don't have an S. Just a stereo console and it's an S.
Ok, I do have navigation, but no backup camera, so the SL?

LeftieBiker said:
An SL would have leather seats and a solar panel on the rear spoiler. If yours lacks those, it's an SV.
Ok, but I thought the SV also has a backup camera, which mine does not.

LeftieBiker said:
In 2013 the backup camera was optional on all models, including the SV and SL.
In '13 the backup camera was only included with the charger package on the S models, on the SV's I believe you had to order a package that also included the LED headlights?? and I'm pretty sure a backup camera was standard on the '13 SL :)
By '14 the backup camera was standard on all Leafs.

In 2013 you could get the backup camera two ways, IIRC. You could order it alone (I don't remember how much that cost) or you could get the Premium Package and then have four cameras, including the rear one.

jjeff said:
LeftieBiker said:
In 2013 the backup camera was optional on all models, including the SV and SL.
In '13 the backup camera was only included with the charger package on the S models, on the SV's I believe you had to order a package that also included the LED headlights?? and I'm pretty sure a backup camera was standard on the '13 SL :)
By '14 the backup camera was standard on all Leafs.
Ok, so there is the other quirk, mine has LED headlights, here is a run down:
  • Quick Charging (Factory Installed, not sure if there was another way to add it, but it is very clear it was not after market if that is even possible).
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • LED Headlights
  • Navigation (as useless as it is unless you pay $200 at least every couple of years for updated maps)
  • No Backup Camera
  • Heated Passenger and Driver side mirrors

Back