Reserving 2018 LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubo

For anyone who's gone through this process -- how is this handled? The "reservation form" doesn't give great detail. Specifically I'm interested in how the dealership is chosen, and by whom?

I don't wish to do business with the Nissan dealer nearest me, and if possible would like to start with the dealership I used for my current lease. Does the customer get to choose, and how/when does this happen in the process? Ideally I'd wait a bit and do some dealer-shopping but I also have a preference for delivery in March.

Well, I answered my own question by going past the first step. You're presented with a list of dealers sorted by distance. So I was able to specify my preferred dealership. Still interested in anyone else's experience with the process. Thx.

I was sent an email telling me to finish the process with the worst dealership in the area. A couple of days later I was sent a "correction" telling me to do it with the closer dealer I prefer - who, last I knew, wasn't Leaf certified. It's moot anyway, if the tax credit is killed.

LeftieBiker said:
It's moot anyway, if the tax credit is killed.
I spend more on wine, so that won't scare me away. Maybe the electric company will throw something together and make it worth your while. They may me the new "gas" company

I bought a 2018 Leaf on Feb. 23, 2018 and showed the dealer my reservation ID number. They didn't know what to do with it. Do they report it to someone? How do I get my gift for early reservation?

I was told just this weekend by the local Leaf Certified dealership that you can't order a Leaf from them - you have to buy one from whatever they have in stock. I didn't mention the reservation, though, because I may have to switch to an SL from an SV. Nissan has shot themselves in one foot with this rollout, and their dealers (yes, I know, they are independent) are busy shooting up the remaining foot.

Back