Is $8500 a Good Price?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaftryer

2013 Leaf S with over 56,000 miles selling as certified pre-owned at a Nissan dealership and listed at $8500.

3091zli.jpg

What kind of certification is that? CPO requires the car have at least 9 bars per http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-plugs-electric-leaf-into-certified-pre-owned-vehicles-program.

Is it a S w/charge package (and thus 6.6 kW OBC and CHAdeMO inlet, the one on the left) or just a base S w/3.x kW OBC and no CHAdeMO?

It's Nissan certified pre-owned with 7 year 100K warranty with towing and roadside assistance.
So, shouldn't get a new battery under warranty?

These are the listed features.

Security System
Automatic temp control
Dual front cupholders in front center console
3.3 kW output onboard charger
Torsion beam rear suspension -inc: coil springs
Steel side-door impact beams
Rear child seat tether anchors (LATCH)
80kW AC synchronous electric motor -inc: normal & eco drive
Front/rear side curtain airbags
Electronic brake force distribution w/brake assist
16 Steel Wheels w/Full Wheel Covers
Front map lamps
sunglass holder
Energy absorbing steering column
Rear diffuser
3-point ELR/ALR front passenger seat belt w/pretensioner & l
Remote charge door release
Pwr vented disc brakes
Intermittent rear window wiper w/washer
Regenerative braking system
Chrome Exterior Door Handles
Body-colored front/rear bumpers
Portable 110V trickle charge cable
Carpeted floor & cargo area
Trip computer -inc: instant/average energy consumption
Vehicle dynamic control (VDC)
Front Side-Impact Airbags
Heated front bucket seats -inc: 6-way manual driver
UV reducing glass (2012)
iPod input
Vehicle speed-sensitive electric pwr steering
60/40 fold-down heated rear bench seat
3-point ELR driver seat belt w/pretensioner & load limiter
aux input
Pwr windows w/driver one-touch auto up/down
Intelligent Key system
Steering wheel mounted audio & Bluetooth controls
REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER W/TIMER
USB input
** ALL STANDARDS ARE 2013 UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED **
FWD
autonomy range
start charging event
Cloth Seat Trim
Battery heater
Independent MacPherson strut front suspension -inc: coil spr
Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) w/easy fill tire aler
Push-button start
CHILD SAFETY REAR DOOR LOCKS
Front visor vanity mirrors w/extensions
Traction control system (TCS)
3-spoke leather-wrapped heated tilt steering wheel
Dual front/rear bottle holders in door panels
Fixed roof antenna
Palm-shift drive selector
turn on HVAC system
Tow hooks -inc: (1) front/(1) rear (2012)
Dual-stage front airbags w/occupant classification system
24 kWh lithium-ion battery
Adjustable front seat belt upper anchors
Body-colored remote controlled heated pwr exterior mirrors
Single speed gearbox
outside temp
4-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS)
Digital meter cluster
12V pwr outlet
Chrome interior door handles (2012)
Zone body construction w/front & rear crumple zones
P205/55R16 all-season tires
Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System
Pwr door locks w/auto-lock
CARWINGS remote connection to monitor battery state of charg
Immobilizer system
220V charge port w/light & lock
(3) front/rear assist grips
Tire repair kit
Center console storage
Hill start assist (HSA)
drive time
Rear HVAC duct
4-way manual front passenger
3-point ELR/ALR rear seat belts at all positions
Shift interlock (2012)
FRONT/REAR STABILIZER BAR
Aerodynamic under body cover
Rear Spoiler
Nissan Connection telematics -inc: (36) month complimentary
AM/FM stereo w/CD player & MP3/WMA playback -inc: 4.3 LCD co

Here is another picture of the interior.
I thought the S model didn't have cruise control.
It has cloth seats, so I know it isn't an SL.

2m7yds3.png

LeftieBiker said:
It's a good deal only if it qualifies for a free new pack. Check the in-service date, as I'm sure this car was built before April of 2013.

2013 to 2017 is only 4 years. Isn't the capacity warranty 5 years?

Sorry, I garbled that. Make sure that there is no reason it doesn't qualify. You can call Nissan with the VIN. I don't think that the 2013 Leaf drivers could opt out of the Klee settlement (although I do seem to recall getting a letter about that), but there may be other factors involved.

If the dealer is selling it as CPO, don't they need to replace the battery under the CPO warranty regardless since CPO requires 9+ bars?

I'm pretty sure this is actually an SV even though it isn't marked as an SV on the dealer website.
I searched the VIN on CarMax and it says it was first sold in late March 2013 and was a lease vehicle and then put on sale again as used at the dealer late March 2017.
4 year lease and has been on sale at the dealer at least 3 months.
I didn't know they had 4 year leases on these cars.

I found a picture on the engine compartment.
79f3e553519999b6ff1c5e358539e4ae.jpg

Since there is only 1 orange cable, I think that means no QC port.
That makes me less interested in the car since I was hoping to be able to use the car for very occasional trips out of it's single charge range and without QC, that's not practical at all.
I'd need to rent a car every time I want to drive more than 30-40 miles away from home so that I'll always be able to make the round trip without stopping to use a slow Level 2 charger.
For a cheap enough price plus a new battery installed under warranty to give it 80+ mile range, I could still get it as a city car for commuting and short distance local errands and just pay for a few yearly car rentals when I need to leave the local metro area.
No QC will also reduce the value when I eventually want to sell it 3-4 years later with a 24Kwh battery with another 3-4 years of degradation and new EVs are all offering 200+ miles range. In 3-4 years there will be off-lease Bolts and Model 3s being resold making that kind range expected even on used EVs. So, I definitely don't want to overpay for something that will look so obsolete at the next resale time.

I don't think that the CPO warranty covers battery capacity - that would be under the Klee agreement. There were some 4 year leases originally, and many of us are at or passed 4 years using lease extensions. If you need QC, then by all means don't buy one without it.

LeftieBiker said:
I don't think that the CPO warranty covers battery capacity - that would be under the Klee agreement. There were some 4 year leases originally, and many of us are at or passed 4 years using lease extensions. If you need QC, then by all means don't buy one without it.

If CPO *requires* at least 9 bars of battery capacity and it's sitting on their lot before sale with 8 bars, don't they need to replace the battery?
I guess it doesn't matter since it's under 5 years/60K miles anyway. I just think it's odd they didn't just use the warranty to replace the battery before putting it on their lot for sale as a CPO vehicle.

leaftryer said:
2013 Leaf S with over 56,000 miles selling as certified pre-owned at a Nissan dealership and listed at $8500.

3091zli.jpg

Check it out for yourself but a 2013 Leaf with 56,000 miles and only 8 bars of capacity should be eligible for a battery pack replacement under the original battery warranty.

You might be able to view the original sales sticker, which will give you a definitive answer on the trim and options:

http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?

Just append the VIN # to the end of that URL, making sure to include the ? character too

Back