Bay Area Leaf Lease Deals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueangel78

Hi guys and gals,

Long time lurker, first post. I'm trying to find a good lease deal on a 2016 Leaf S with the 30 kWh and QC. Based off my research, 2016 S are going for $109+tx and $2500 down (out the door) + $2,500 CA State Rebate. I'm hoping to find this deal in the Bay Area. I'll post my results as I go through this dance.

I got my first reply back from the internet manager and he said they have 0 2016 models on the lot, but they have very few 2017 S models.

Here was his offer as a VPP member. Non VPP add an additional $1,150 to the total drive off.

2017 Leaf S 30 KWH with Quick Charge Leasing Option
VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY
MSRP: $33,815

24 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
$49+tax per month
$3,499 Total Drive Off (includes tax, license, registration and first month's payment, no surprises)
**not eligible for $2,500 state rebate

36 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
$99+tax per month
$3,499 Total Drive Off (includes tax, license, registration and first month's payment, no surprises)

2017 Leaf Sv 30 KWH with Quick Charge Leasing Option
MSRP: $35,755

24 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
$114+tax per month
**not eligible for $2,500 state rebate

36 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
$147+tax per month

Went last night to Sunnyvale Nissan after they said they had a few 2016 in stock, and then they told me they didn't after I arrived. Irritated, but they offered for a 2017 S with QC a 36mo lease: $2500 down, $208.78 (including tax).

MSRP $33,950
Dealer Disc: $6,415
Adjusted Cap Cost: $15,345
Acq. Fee: $595
Gross Cap Cost: $28,230
Rebate: $12,000
Paid by Cust: $2,500
Residual Value: $9,167

blueangel78 said:
Went last night to Sunnyvale Nissan after they said they had a few 2016 in stock, and then they told me they didn't after I arrived. Irritated, but they offered .....
That is a normal practice. they just want you to turn up, by then they think you feel invested in the deal and will stick around to get something out of the waste of time they just created for you. I walk if they do that because it's a signal that they are so confident of controlling you that they will pull that trick. remember, they do this kind of thing for a living. they make enough money out of this practice and will continue doing it.

but I'll add that it's great that you shoveled through there and got the numbers to compare.. they hate it when you want to know numbers. I usually sit there with a pen.. I ignore all the "discounts" I ask for
- the final price of the car I'm leasing. (or buying)
- the residual at the end
- the amount you want down
- the amount per month.
- I don't want you adding in reg, tax or other fees until I ask for them. then I want those itemized.
I add them all up to make sure they match. they usually don't and then they confess to the fees in those numbers

Thanks DuncanCunningham for the support. Wrote them a bad review, but doubt that will change.

SO anyone think the 2017 S30 with QC for $99/mo wit $3500 down for 36m@12K Is a good deal? Seems like the Bay Area is void of 2016 S. :(

Just got back from Premier Nissan Capitol Auto Mall.

I don't know if this is a deal or not, but we got the 2017 Nissan Leaf SV

$2,500 out the door (down payment, tax, 1st payment, etc)
15k mile limit
36 months
ended up with $215/month (tax included)
Residual price of $10,200

Oh by the way, they upsell us with the maintenance package. They said that we need to bring the leaf in for inspection every 6 months as part of the lease contract. If we prepaid, then it is $400 for the total 3 years, if not then it is $150 each time we come in for an inspection. I think that some kind of bullshit crap. Can someone confirm?

abstrakmind said:
Just got back from Premier Nissan Capitol Auto Mall.

I don't know if this is a deal or not, but we got the 2017 Nissan Leaf SV

$2,500 out the door (down payment, tax, 1st payment, etc)
15k mile limit
36 months
ended up with $215/month (tax included)
Residual price of $10,200

Oh by the way, they upsell us with the maintenance package. They said that we need to bring the leaf in for inspection every 6 months as part of the lease contract. If we prepaid, then it is $400 for the total 3 years, if not then it is $150 each time we come in for an inspection. I think that some kind of bullshit crap. Can someone confirm?
To these Texas eyes, that price looks like a great deal. If you qualify for the CA state rebate, even better.

abstrakmind said:
They said that we need to bring the leaf in for inspection every 6 months as part of the lease contract. If we prepaid, then it is $400 for the total 3 years, if not then it is $150 each time we come in for an inspection. I think that some kind of bullshit crap. Can someone confirm?
Confirmed, large amounts of BS. We leased on a 3 yr, all you have to do is bring it in for a FREE battery check each year and even that isnt mandatory.

blueangel78 said:
Went last night to Sunnyvale Nissan after they said they had a few 2016 in stock, and then they told me they didn't after I arrived. Irritated, but they offered for a 2017 S with QC a 36mo lease: $2500 down, $208.78 (including tax).

MSRP $33,950
Dealer Disc: $6,415
Adjusted Cap Cost: $15,345
Acq. Fee: $595
Gross Cap Cost: $28,230
Rebate: $12,000
Paid by Cust: $2,500
Residual Value: $9,167

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO anyone think the 2017 S30 with QC for $99/mo wit $3500 down for 36m@12K Is a good deal? Seems like the Bay Area is void of 2016 S

These 2 quotes are very different. Before CA rebate, the first quote would be $9807 ($208.78 x 35 months and $2500 down) and the second quote would be $6965 ($99 x 35 months and $3500 down) for the total payments in 3 years. The dealer must be playing with capitalized cost and residual value.

DuncanCunningham said:
abstrakmind said:
They said that we need to bring the leaf in for inspection every 6 months as part of the lease contract. If we prepaid, then it is $400 for the total 3 years, if not then it is $150 each time we come in for an inspection. I think that some kind of bullshit crap. Can someone confirm?
Confirmed, large amounts of BS. We leased on a 3 yr, all you have to do is bring it in for a FREE battery check each year and even that isnt mandatory.

Agree with Duncan here.

As matter of fact, when I leased mine 2 years ago, the dealer was offering us nothing, I mean nothing, in terms of additional services.

Just got a Leaf SV on Monday.

3 years/ 36,000 miles
$2000 out the door
$157/month plus tax ($170 after tax)

Total cost of the lease: just under $8000.

After CA rebate ($2500), PG&E credit ($500) and gas savings ($5400), the lease costs me -$400.

Not VPP. Got my lease from Nissan of Concord. As a walk-in, the best they would offer was $8800 total, but I came back through Chase AutoDirect (which is really just TrueCar), got an offer from Antioch Nissan for $8200 total, and asked Concord if they could beat that. They went to $7975 total, and I closed the deal.

If you are VPP, try Walnut Creek. They could only offer me $8600 as a non-VPP, but they suggested that for a VPP they could go to $7600. That would be an even better deal than the one I got.

Edit: Also, never owned a Leaf (or electric car, or Nissan) before. The manager at Concord may have priced it as a previous owner in order to get the price that low, but I'm not sure.

Greetings, I'm Kelvin from Dublin Nissan. If anyone is interested in picking up a Leaf . I will do my best to go out the way to help you receive the best price and future support. Feel free to contact me at 669-252-6789

Got a great deal from Dublin Nissan.

2017 Leaf S

$89 + tax for 3 year/ 12k miles per annum
$2500 down
Another $380 for 3 year servicing.
VPP + loyalty

I'll get back $2500 from state, $500 from PG&E, and will save about $50 per month from toll on SR92. I get free charging at work.

Cheaper than owning a Camry :)

Back