Is this a good 2016 SL lease deal??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have leased a 2013 S for almost 3 years and want to turn it in to get a 2016 SL. I can't stand the cloth seats anymore! :)
Here's the deal they offered (I'm in California):
$282/mo, 36 months, 0 down, 12k miles/yr.
Plus I'll get the CA $2500 cash rebate later.
And I will not owe anything on existing lease, no disposition fee, wear and tear, etc. just dropping it off.

Thoughts before I close the deal?

Good deal. Most people are waiting for October to see what deals are available with the Bolt, 3 months away. There is the 2017 Leaf with 140 mile range rumor also.

I sort of need to pull the trigger now on the new car. If an amazing new Leaf rolls out in a few months then I might be kicking myself. But I'm pretty happy to step into a brand new car now that even has more range than current car. And is top of the line.
I thought this was a pretty good deal too, not much more than my current S payments.

I got the car on those terms. Felt really nice not to have to pay anything out of pocket. I got the sense they're really trying to move these Leafs. So happy to bid adieu to those cloth seats. New car has navigation and some other nice features that I wasn't really expecting. The residual is 12k, which is a bit less than the residual was on my 2013 S. The value of car is $21k after all the markdowns and rebates.

I'm guessing that the car doesn't have Premium Package? People tend to think of the SL as being "loaded" but at first you even had to ask for a backup camera, IIRC, and Premium is still a $1500 option. I'd rather have an SV with premium, but for those who want a leather interior and don't care about the other options, that's a good deal.

Good question about premium package. Frankly the only must-have was the seats. And the back-up camera which I also had on my 2013 S. I would not drive any car that did not have the camera, am totally spoiled by that. My first Leaf also had the Quick charge. So I got all that in my new SL along with the navigation package. The only main options I did not get were the Bose audio system and multi-view cameras. Trying to keep price down so took those out of the negotiation.

Drivesaleafcar said:
Good question about premium package. Frankly the only must-have was the seats. And the back-up camera which I also had on my 2013 S. I would not drive any car that did not have the camera, am totally spoiled by that. My first Leaf also had the Quick charge. So I got all that in my new SL along with the navigation package. The only main options I did not get were the Bose audio system and multi-view cameras. Trying to keep price down so took those out of the negotiation.

As long as you didn't want them you did fine. The resale value of the car will be a bit less, but if you keep it you will make out well.

Drivesaleafcar said:
Have leased a 2013 S for almost 3 years and want to turn it in to get a 2016 SL. I can't stand the cloth seats anymore! :)
Here's the deal they offered (I'm in California):
$282/mo, 36 months, 0 down, 12k miles/yr.
Plus I'll get the CA $2500 cash rebate later.
And I will not owe anything on existing lease, no disposition fee, wear and tear, etc. just dropping it off.

Thoughts before I close the deal?
I agree it sounds good!
Do you mind stating where you're located that you get such a deal and if you're a 'vpp' member?

I'm in bay area and new to leasing. Trying to get my brain around how much flex there is in getting the official deals down as the dealers are pretty consistent/steadfast in their offers.
e.g.
Manufacturer Offer, Lease: $332 per month for 36 months. $799 due at signing for select 2016 Nissan LEAF SL

It seems that if you want zero down you has to add to your monthly dues (so $799/36 would be added to your monthly payment in the above example). So, how to get to $282 for an SL with zero down is a stretch. :?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Back