2016 Leaf Only - Pls Post Lease or Purchase deals.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lease deal at Oakland Nissan in Bay Area recent.
Year 2016 , Trim - SV , Per Month 486$, Down - 2500$ down, Miles - 12K , Lease terms - 36 months .
SL - 30$ more
No signs of negotiation or anything.

Ouch. They couldn't move enough of 2015's at a much lower price. My hunch is that people are not exactly lining up at these prices just because of the better range.

The currently high lease prices are making me consider a Volt when the lease on my 2013 is up in March. I have a feeling Nissan is going to sell very few of the 2016's at the current prices, especially with the gen2 around the corner.

It is unfortunate that these lease prices are so high. Our choices in North Carolina are still very limited for an EV. We are seriously looking at purchasing an ICE instead. Our leading candidate is a mini Cooper. I wish there was an electric mini Cooper. We might be able to resell it two years and have it cost less than the lease would cost us and then buy a Tesla model 3 or next gen leaf or Chevy Bolt.

It appears as if the BMW i3 REx is now cheaper to lease than the LEAF. That's hilarious.

I think I'll drive gas until the 150+ mile EVs come out. The 2017 Volt is tempting, it seems to have a decent price, but they appear to still tack on the $7500 tax credit to the residual, making lease-to-own out of the question. For those of us who don't qualify for the full $7500 tax credit, lease-to-own is the only option for long term ownership. So that rules out the 2017 Volt.

I imagine the Bolt will be leased similarly, so that rules that out too. So now I'm down to waiting for the second generation LEAF, or get a used 2013 Volt. I think I'll wait unless I can find the perfect Volt for the perfect price:

2013 Volt,
Full factory warranty remaining or CPO warranty.
Black, gray, or red exterior.
Beige interior, gray accents/center stack.
Heated seats.
Bose audio.
Backup camera.
$13,000 or less.

Made the following deal at Nissan Burlingname - Bay Area
SV trim
242$ including taxes
36 months - 15K miles / Year, : Total: 45K miles
2500$ down

CA state has a rebate of 2500$ that I can apply. Given that leaf now has less 2000$ rebate and also SV is 5K more expensive I felt this was a good deal.
I have Signed it - will get car next week early

$242/mo isn't a bad deal. The thing that scares me about leasing a 2016 (or any EV) right now, is that I'm locked in for 3 years and can't escape to buy a Gen2, Bolt, or Model 3 in two years. I think I'll hold tight and see if they start blowing up the 2016 models in a year or so when all the new 200+ mi EVs are announced. If I can get a 2016 SV at some of the prices they are offering on the current 2015 blow out models, I'll be all over that.

forbayca said:
SV trim
242$ including taxes
36 months - 15K miles
2500$ down

CA state has 2500$ rebate. Given that leaf now has less 2000$ rebate and also SV is 5K more expensive I felt this was a good deal.
I have Signed it - will get car next week early

That's a good price. Can I ask what the cap cost was on that? Is the California rebate baked in, or does that come later?

forbayca said:
36 months - 15K miles

Is that 15k miles per year or total over 36 months? I presume it is the former but with the recent VW eGolf leases with 7,500 annual miles anything is possible.

California rebate is not baked in. I will have to apply.
I will take the car next
I will paste all the info from the lease document soon.

Helped my parents purchase today; a 2016 SV, MSRP $35,445, dealer gave $5000 NMAC discount + $2500 dealer discount, final price $27,945. My parents actually have a high enough income between them to use all the $7,500 tax credit (both work in medical field) on new EV, so next year, they will get another $7,500 back. Financed with Nissan to get the NMAC discount ($418 / Month, 6 year, 2.5%APR) , but will re-finance with own bank after next year with the $7,500 tax credit as a down payment, taking the loan down from $27,945 to $20,445, getting monthly payments down to $358 / Mo. (5 year, 2% APR).

Leaf has:
30kW battery pack
LED headlight package
QC package
Premium Package
Mud Guards
17" Tire Package

Vehicle Dealer Website, this isn't the exact Leaf (they bough it so it is gone now, but similar).
http://www.nissanofcoolsprings.com/new-Nashville-2016-Nissan-LEAF-SV-1N4BZ0CP7GC302777

I have to admit, was a little jealous when the car starts up and the GOM shows 125 miles remaining :D

They were currently spending nearly $600 / month in gas to drive to work/town/errands because they were driving an SUV that only got about 12 to 15 mpg on a good day. They live about 27 miles away from the closest city, so simply errand trips become expensive for gas also (even at cheap $2.19 / gallon). Just the gas savings along was reason enough for them to get a Leaf, they keep the SUV but only for hauling or other farm related things, no more wasting tons of gas on errand or work trips. They have alternating work days, so only one Leaf was needed.

drees said:
Good deal knightmb! What does electricity cost in TN?
Varies from 9.2 cents per kilowatt hour to 10 cents per kilowatt hour (time of year and weather dependent). No time of day utility discounts for TN residents, so basically just plug in and charge anytime, cost the same.

forbayca said:
SV trim
242$ including taxes
36 months - 15K miles / Year, : Total: 45K miles
2500$ down

That is a price I could live with.

May I ask how you achieved that? I talked to the James at this dealer and got a much higher price.

I know that this is for 2016, but I called my local dealer to get a price on a 2016 and they wouldn't do anything at all!. He did however offer to sell me a 2015 S with QC (same car I already own) for $24,000 out the door! This would be $14K after rebates and tax credit. I don't know why anyone would buy a 2016 SV for full retail when they can save over $10K on a 2015 S right now.

I don't know why anyone would buy a 2016 SV for full retail when they can save over $10K on a 2015 S right now.

Heat that doesn't suck the battery dry quickly, plus 100 mile real world range? I'm just tossing out ideas, here. ;-)

LeftieBiker said:
I don't know why anyone would buy a 2016 SV for full retail when they can save over $10K on a 2015 S right now.

Heat that doesn't suck the battery dry quickly, plus 100 mile real world range? I'm just tossing out ideas, here. ;-)

I'm not saying that it isn't a better car, but at the price they are selling the 2015 S for right now, you could literally pay $5500 for a new battery in 5 years and still be a few thousand ahead. Of course the counter argument is that the 30kwh pack will probably degrade to the point of the 24kwh pack in 5 years, so had you bought the 30kwh, you'd be in the same spot as a replace pack 24kwh in 5 years. To me the only major deterrent to the 2016 SV is that in about 1-2 years, it will be completely overshadowed by the new Bolt, Leaf Gen2, or Tesla Model 3. Perhaps that is when I strike. Buy a old stock 2016 SV at a ridiculous price?

Back