Advice on 2013 S Purchase

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumbles

Hi,

I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2013 S with QuickCharge package. Price is $10,500 with 14,700 miles. Car looks like it is in great shape, but I still need to look at it in-person and run LeafSpy to check the battery condition. Looks like it is showing full bars, however.

Carfax report came back consistent with the seller's story. He's the second owner of the vehicle. The first owner returned it from lease. Looks like it was never owned/operated in a hot climate. What do you all think? I'll attach the CarFax below.

05/02/2013 NICB Vehicle manufactured
and shipped to original dealer
05/24/2013 Power Auto Group
Salem, OR
503-581-3000
powerautogroup.com Vehicle offered for sale
05/28/2013 29 Power Auto Group
Salem, OR
503-581-3000
powerautogroup.com Pre-delivery inspection completed
06/11/2013 Beaverton Nissan
Beaverton, OR
503-643-8676
beavertonnissan.com Vehicle offered for sale
06/22/2013 80 Oregon
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Portland, OR Odometer reading reported
Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle
07/31/2013 Oregon
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Portland, OR
Title #1321265055 Title issued or updated
Registration issued or renewed
First owner reported
Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle
Loan or lien reported
03/20/2014 6,981 Beaverton Nissan
Beaverton, OR
503-643-8676
beavertonnissan.com Maintenance inspection completed
Washed/detailed
08/10/2015 13,673 Auto Auction
Pacific Northwest Region Sold at auction

Price seems very fair, however depending on where you live and your credit, you may be better off with a new 2015 S. Current deals of $5,000 NMAC cash combined with 0% apr for 70 months and $7,500 Fed credit + ???? state credit makes the closeout 2015's very attractive.

We'll be applying for home loans in a few months and don't want a car lease or loan to diminish the quality of our mortgage options. Unfortunately looking to buy outright.

Are you in need of a new/used car right now? Buying a used car cash will not affect your credit score but it will affect your net assets. If you can I would wait until after you close on your new house. At that point you can look for either a used leaf (which will probably be priced $1,000 or more less) or look at the current specials Nissan is offering. By that time MY16 will be out and they will have to give good deals on the MY15's.

Remember in general a car is the WORST investment you can make. It is all but sure to drop in value..... (excluding some situations)

However, if you are truly in need of a car, a used leaf is hard to beat $ for $.

Oregon car should be good, due to low sunshine and heat. Your leaf spy testing will be confirmation.
I almost went there to buy and have one shipped back to CA but lease deals were too good.

Just a quick follow-up.

Still seriously considering this car. He ran Leafspy for me and it has 251 GIDS or 89.1%. Only two quick charges on record.

Seems like a really good find. Just weighing our options now.

^^^
That doesn't sound as good as I'd expect for that area. My owned '13 Leaf SV that resided in the SF Bay Area (had been serviced periodically at a Nissan dealer in Santa Clara, CA) usually reads ~259 to 261 gids on a full charge.

Mine was built 5/2013 and in service date was IIRC in late June 2013.

Back