Lease Buyout NMAC Cash Back Offer for 2014 Models

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezilient

Hi guys.

I had heard NMAC is offering cash back for lease buyout up to $7000. I called NMAC and she said this deal is not yet possible for 2014 models. Also the offer expires at the end of June. So there is a question if it will be offered again after that.

Has anyone heard anything about the continuation of this offer and whether it will be extended to 2014 models?

My residual at maturity in March 2016 is $17K so I really hope they offer something as an incentive to buy or there's no way I'm keeping it.

From what I have seen on these forums they will continue to offer it. If I recall there have been previous expiration dates on these deals only to be taken up again right after with the same or better deal. I am in the same boat holding out until my lease is up in '17. If they offer an amount even equal to what is out there now, if not more I will be purchasing the vehicle.

Me too! Fingers crossed.

Will we find out the new deal on July 1st (ie. do they announce the new offer right after the old one expires)?

As I posted elsewhere on this site, I just bought my 2013 S via this buyout promotion, and I found there's quite a lack of communication between dealers and Nissan/NMAC. I had to educate my dealer about the promotion, including getting the NMAC bulletin #, and even then, my dealer's NMAC contact hadn't heard of the offer). :shock:

But most interesting is that NMAC told me twice in phone conversations that my offer was $6,500. When I finally got a price from the dealer, it had turned into an $8,000 discount. I know there was some talk on InsideEVs about dealers getting a $1,500 fee for processing the transaction and some were passing this on to customers. My guess is that my dealer was so new at this that they didn't realize they were allowed to keep that $1,500; they got the price they had to pay NMAC for them to buy the car and simply quoted it to me as the price I had to pay them to buy the car. (I wasn't aware of this extra step, NMAC selling the car to the dealer, until I went through this process.)

So, my advice to anyone considering this kind of promotion: Don't just trust NMAC on the price. Get the actual quote from the dealer and you might get an unexpected bonus.

Bazooka said:
As I posted elsewhere on this site, I just bought my 2013 S via this buyout promotion, and I found there's quite a lack of communication between dealers and Nissan/NMAC. I had to educate my dealer about the promotion, including getting the NMAC bulletin #, and even then, my dealer's NMAC contact hadn't heard of the offer). :shock:

But most interesting is that NMAC told me twice in phone conversations that my offer was $6,500. When I finally got a price from the dealer, it had turned into an $8,000 discount. I know there was some talk on InsideEVs about dealers getting a $1,500 fee for processing the transaction and some were passing this on to customers. My guess is that my dealer was so new at this that they didn't realize they were allowed to keep that $1,500; they got the price they had to pay NMAC for them to buy the car and simply quoted it to me as the price I had to pay them to buy the car. (I wasn't aware of this extra step, NMAC selling the car to the dealer, until I went through this process.)

So, my advice to anyone considering this kind of promotion: Don't just trust NMAC on the price. Get the actual quote from the dealer and you might get an unexpected bonus.

Time for yet another follow-up to the clown show that is NMAC/dealer/customer communication. As mentioned above, I recently bought my 2013 Leaf, on June 25, to be exact. I was never notified by my dealer or NMAC or Nissan about the lease buyout promotion; I learned of it online and had to educate the relevant people (see above). Now comes a letter, which I received on July 25, telling me that there's a $6,500 lease buyout promotion good until the end of July. They not only sent me this letter well after I bought the car, but they sent it to me that late in the promotion period???

As much as I love my Leaf, I'm horrified at the thought of dealing with Nissan, NMAC, or their dealers ever again. My wife is shopping for a non-EV replacement for her Civic, and there is virtually zero chance we'll even consider anything from Nissan after this mess. I don't know what it will take for companies to realize how easy it is avoid looking like a clown show: Stick to the basics of good communication within the organization and with dealers and customers, and a lot of your problems simply disappear.

One of the (many) reasons why Nissan is likely off my list forever! The only positive experience I have had is when I leased it from Danny and Joanna at Fontana Nissan! They were awesome! The rest: Meh!

Bazooka said:
As much as I love my Leaf, I'm horrified at the thought of dealing with Nissan, NMAC, or their dealers ever again.

At times Nissan communication has been pretty complete, such as Phoenix Town Hall meeting, communication with LEAF Advisory Board.

Their problem has been lack of knowing where they were going (such as leasing / selling battery) or what they were communicating (horribly bad non-prorated capacity warranty that they lied about saying it was a freebie when it was a class action lawsuit settlement).

They need to get back to worthwhile communication and accuracy.

Yes, I was there for the Phoenix meeting, as you know, and it seemed at the time like it was a very positive experience and much good would come from it... Unfortunately, not much further was ever heard after that and it pretty much died on the vine...

TimLee said:
At times Nissan communication has been pretty complete, such as Phoenix Town Hall meeting, communication with LEAF Advisory Board.

Rezilient said:
Anyone hear anything yet about the 2014 cash back for lease buyout?
Why do you keep asking this? I think a reasonable answer is the one I gave at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=430976#p430976. What reason would Nissan have to announce anything significantly earlier than that? Typical Leaf leases seem to be 2 years, at the minimum.

From http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=347935#p347935, it looks like '14 Leafs probably began showing up at dealers mid to late January 2014. Add ~22 or 23 months to that.

I think your thread title needs a ? at the end, for the time being.

TomT: I understand this is not the right topic, but you already lost 13 Gids in your new Lizard battery in just over 2000 miles of driving?

SL-e with 59,983 miles/8 bars/187 Gids/43.47 AHr/66% SOH/45.19% Hx 13Mar15.

59,991 miles/12 bars/289 Gids/68.54 AHr/101% SOH/101.64% Hx 7May15 with new Lizard battery.
62,141 miles/12 bars/276 Gids/66.14 AHr/100% SOH/102.58% Hx 11Jul15.

Rezilient said:
Has anyone heard anything about 2014 Leaf lease buyout incentives?
Maybe you'll need to wait another month or a few weeks?

I don't know exactly when '14 Leafs first started showing at dealers but these are some indication.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=15614
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=350831#p350831

In case anyone is wondering, Nissan was offering $3000 cash back for 2014 models on a 24 month lease period. This was in February. I haven't called back yet to see if March has changed. Anyone know?

I've a 2014 SL that is coming to the end of it's 2 year term. Average wholesale of a 2014 SL is around $14K. Does this mean I could purchase the car for $9.5K ($14k - $4.5k)?

Obviously there is a negotiation to be had with the dealer on the wholesale. I found other 14 SL Leafs in the area going for just above $14K.

Thanks

Back