2013 SL lease up in nov, what should I do to extend?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zootjeff

We have the Leaf as a third vehicle and want to keep it for another year. Originally we paid 2000 down and 245 a mon. The residual was going to be 18,100 this Nov but we want to extend another year. Anyone get a lower lease price due to the 5000 incentive deal? What should I do? I really want to keep it till I can get the 150 mile version or another Ev of similar stature..

Nope. I didn't get a lower monthly payment but their offer was to waive 2 months payments if I extended for another 12 months.

My monthly payment was about $314 since I put $0 down and my car was loaded. If I extend and get the 2 payments waived, my effective monthly payment for the next 12 months will be ~$261.67.

Cwerdna, I received the same offer. Do you know if it is binding for the full 12 months? i read somewhere that you can get on a month to month plan and I didn't know if that was part of the 12 month extension.

We love our Leaf *except* for the miserable range that continues to get worse. We lost a bar at around 11k miles and this is a gently used car along the cool pacific coast -- inexcusable. We want to extend the lease for a period of time until the new wave of tech comes out, but need to be flexible so we can jump when the right deal on a new one comes along.

Thanks!

peakay said:
Cwerdna, I received the same offer. Do you know if it is binding for the full 12 months? i read somewhere that you can get on a month to month plan and I didn't know if that was part of the 12 month extension.

We love our Leaf *except* for the miserable range that continues to get worse. We lost a bar at around 11k miles and this is a gently used car along the cool pacific coast -- inexcusable.!
Sounds like really bad battery. Our 2013 SV has 26k miles and still has all bars. We had an earlier 2013 that seemed to degrade much faster.

I'm fairly sure its binding for the 12 months. We extended our 2 yr lease for another year and there is no mention of month to month.

When I was extended I was told that it is month to month and can be ended anytime. I have read here that they won't do anything to get the two waived payments back if you end early, and just don't want to advertise that aspect of the offer.

LeftieBiker said:
When I was extended I was told that it is month to month and can be ended anytime. I have read here that they won't do anything to get the two waived payments back if you end early, and just don't want to advertise that aspect of the offer.
Talk is cheap. What does the contract extension you signed state about term and early termination?

Back