Lease assumption

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

Guys, I have 13 months and 19K miles left on my lease. I really want to get out of it. Does anyone know if Nissan will offer lease assumption without liability? I am willing to pay for all the transfer fees and extra money to get out, but legally its tough

I was unhappy w/their policy and recall calling NMAC to complain about it. I brought it up to a Nissan ride along rep at Alt Car Expo (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=292127#p292127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and seemed to have touched a nerve w/the guy. All I could do was agree to disagree.

I wish NMAC would change their policy about liability when transferring a lease.

Why would they change their policy? They've taken the risk on the original lessee, did a credit check, etc. That sale has already been made and the lessee is responsible for the remaining payments. Why take a risk and have to do a new credit check and take a chance on a new person? Not to mention if you keep your policy discouraging lease transfers, the people who don't get to take over a lease are probably going to lease a new vehicle, double win for NMAC!

You may have buyer's remorse, but that doesn't make letting you out of your lease a good business decision for NMAC. Try selling the vehicle and paying it off.

Back