CPO Warranty on Leaf--Battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eloder

I'm guessing the answer is no, but does anyone know if the 7 year / 100k mile Certified Pre-Owned Nissan program includes the same protections for capacity on the traction battery as the original warranty?

Nope, which makes CPO on a Leaf basically worthless...

eloder said:
I'm guessing the answer is no, but does anyone know if the 7 year / 100k mile Certified Pre-Owned Nissan program includes the same protections for capacity on the traction battery as the original warranty?

eloder said:
My understanding when I contacted Nissan about their CPO policy on LEAFs (which they prominently show on their CPO page) is, I got as the response "Talk to your dealer, they're the experts!" I took that to mean that they have no policy, and dealers are free to wing it as they go. I believe that what davewill said is correct -- it's just the balance of the initial capacity warranty.

Someone on FB asked about this, so I'm also linking to this autotrader article.
http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/nissan-leaf-joining-nissan-certified-pre-owned-program-215286

Back