I am lookiing for Lease take over

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peralex1

Looking to take over 2013-2015 lease for SL (ChaDeMo is a must so SV can be considered too) for around 12 month. Need at least 1500 miles per month. (CT,MA,NY or NJ. Rest of New England or PA can be considered.)

Anyone who has a lease should keep in mind that NMAC doesn't allow the lease to be completely taken over, the original lessee will always still be liable if the new lessee fails to make payments or damages the vehicle.

That is true. But one thing is obvious - the person taking over lease can be sued. In process of taking over lease Nissan conduct credit check. All in all you are correct that there is a certain risk in that kind of transaction, which in my mind is shared between both parties like in any business transaction.

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/Nissan/LEAF/search.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are several sites that have lease takeovers, many with cash bonuses! :shock:

I am aware of those sites. There are couple of considerations for both person taking over lease and a person trying to get out
1. Those sites charge money both parties
2. They charge a lot of money (both buyer and seller pays $249 each at Leasetrader)
3. The money they charge are not translated into any guarantees.
4. They require you to establish both buyer and seller account that they charge money for.
Question 1. : Does it cost me anything to post this message? No!
Question 2. : Does it cost seller anything? No!
Question 3. : Does the transaction going to be any different going through Swapalease or Leasetrader? No!

Those lease swapping services might be your best shot at getting a car sooner rather than later though. It depends on how bad you want to take over someone's lease. Hopefully you will find someone on here for free, but that might be a long shot.

I tried to get out of my Prius lease a couple of years ago, and posting the car for swap on swaplease was 99 bucks for indefinite amount of time. Not sure how much someone would have had to pay the service to take my car, although I think it was also 99 bucks. It never swapped. Some guy in CA wanted it, but changed his mind when he saw how much it was to ship from FL to CA.
Did a craigslist search via searchtempest in the entire US for Leaf Lease and got zero results. Maybe you could finagle the search some and get better results.
http://www.searchtempest.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It may take some time - I am in no rush at all. I think this serves both me and someone who would like to end there lease early for various reasons. In my mind (and I may be wrong) people who are buying cars like Leaf are much more active on specialized forums hence increasing my chances to find someone interested in my neighborhood.

It sounds like this sites (swapalease and leasetrader) are losing credibility because of a bad rep, so people are not jumping into their proposition. Obviously finding swap personally is much better and does not cost anything. I am interested in a lease for a year to have long term test drive but if it does not work - I will just buy used.

I would love to let you take over mine, but stupid Nissan's policy of not allowing a clean transfer is preventing that. I would even give you a bonus

Back