Is there a way to determine battery warranty by VIN?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeinekid

I have an opportunity to buy a 2011 Leaf for wholesale from a local dealer. The SOH is at 71%, so a likely candidate for warranty claim by end of summer here in Texas. Is there a way to determine by its VIN whether the vehicle still qualifies for battery warranty? Any idea on how I would find out?

Have a dealer check on their computer to see if you have the warranty exclusion...

caffeinekid said:
I have an opportunity to buy a 2011 Leaf for wholesale from a local dealer. The SOH is at 71%, so a likely candidate for warranty claim by end of summer here in Texas. Is there a way to determine by its VIN whether the vehicle still qualifies for battery warranty? Any idea on how I would find out?

TomT said:
Have a dealer check on their computer to see if you have the warranty exclusion...

caffeinekid said:

And get it in writing!

caffeinekid said:

You have 60 months or 60k miles (whichever comes first) from the in-service date (provided the owner didn't opt-out of the class-action suit). You can run a CarFax report and find out quite a bit about the car. I just took the VIN number of the car I planned to buy to the closest Nissan dealer. They looked it up and ran a print out, that they let me keep, showing the service and warranty status.

Back