Latest lease deals in Georgia

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garykool

A little late in the game, but here's the quote I got for Leaf S today:
$399 Due Upfront; Includes 1st Month Payment (All Taxes and Fees Included)
12,000 Miles Per Year
Nissan MSRP: $31,810
Disposition Fee Due at Lease Termination ($395)
24 Months @ $249 (VPP) + $53 (Non-VPP)
36 Months @ $219 (VPP) + $33 (Non-VPP)
Add $15 to payment for 15,000 miles per year

Anyone know of any better deals in Atlanta Georgia?

Also have a few doubts:
With above quote, which deal looks better, 24 month or 36 months?
Is it a fact or just a possibility that the GA tax credit is going away on 30th June?
If the tax credit is going away, if I start the lease in next 15 days, is there a chance of not getting the tax credit? (given that the actual registration, tax title could take a month to arrive)

EDIT:
Also can anyone tell if the quote given by GA dealers includes Gap insurance? If not, how much does it usually cost?

Please advice.
Thanks!

I am in California so I can't say about the state credit/rebate program.

GAP insurance is included in the lease payment so there is no additional charge. The lease was financed through Nissan Motors.

What is the residual value for this deal? Also, which dealership in Atlanta gave you these numbers? I just recently leased a Leaf S in Atlanta, but cannot evaluate your deal versus what I got w/o knowing the residual.

If you don't know the residual, just call the salesman back tomorrow and ask him for it.

I'm non-VPP also and did a 36-month lease.

The GA state tax credit is definitely ending June 30th, and I "believe" the credit is based on the date of acquisition; not the date the title is issued.

For anyone who got a lease for under $250, could you please post which dealer gave you the deal? One person mentioned $217 - awesome!!! Please share which dealer on that one, too! I spent 2 hours in a dealership today and they played all the games of making me sit there while they "worked" magic with the numbers, had the "manager" come out to see what it would take to "close the deal" and I don't have time for this! I just want to find the best deal in the Atlanta area (any suburb, too!) and get my car. I have done all the research and now just want the good dealers out there that will make it happen! Thanks!

Are you "VPP"? And, which trim level are you seeking? I

You have to consider the whole lease package. I picked up my Leaf at the end of April, and was able to secure a 36-month lease at $240/month, with $500 at signing, and a residual of just over $12K. This was non-VPP program, for an "S" model w/quick charge and I felt a great deal.

I have a friend in the market right now, and I was told by my salesman that Nissan lowered the residual for May and changed the money factor a little, which raised the monthly payments on the lease. Same deal I got in April, today, would look more like $285/month, with a residual of $10K.

If you are VPP, then you can subtract about $30/month from those terms above.

These deals are roughly equivalent if you have any inkling to keep the car at lease end. If you are more inclined to turn it in, then you'd obviously favor lower payments and a higher residual.

I shopped all over Atlanta for my deal last month, and the person I found most helpful was Robert Parker, at Capital City Nissan. Straight shooter; knows more about the vehicle than anyone I spoke with. They were just bought and they may have changed their name already to Nalley Nissan.

If you have "done all the research", as you say, then why not make an offer to 2 or 3 dealers, with the terms you want and a caveat that the first dealer that gives you the deal you are asking for gets the sale? Also, you may be better off closer to the end of the month, when there is more pressure on the dealers to meet their sales quotas. Not sure it will matter as much this month, with the June 30th deadline looming for the GA tax credit, but it might.

Good luck.

My understanding is that you need to take possession of the vehicle by june 30 to get the rebate.

My opinion is to take the 2 year lease. At the end of the 2 years, especially if 150 or 200 mile range LEAFs/Bolts are available, Nissan will give you some favorable options to hold on to your LEAF for another year or more.

For instance, they were giving 2 months off to keep it another year when I turned in my 2013. That would mean, in your case, saving $498 and effectively paying $207/mo for that extra year. I think the deals will be even sweeter if new 2017 LEAFs are that much better than 2015s.

All good points, Sublime. I went for 3-years because I have 2 teenagers and needed to add a 3rd car to the household. Adding a Leaf was a no-brainer for us. The 3-year lease gets me past at least one graduation. If I get some sort of incentive as you mention to extend for a year, that would get me past both graduations, which would be great. But, if Nissan offers us a large reduction in our residual, as some are currently, we will be very tempted to buy it.

The GA tax credit actually makes the net monthly payment less on the 2 year than the 3, but since that credit won't be there when the lease is up, we will all be confronted with higher price deals when our leases expire.

It's a great deal either way, so we figured why not take advantage of it now and not leave $5K sitting on the table.

Back