Dustin Fleishman GM w/Autonation Nissan just got owned...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...by Alexis Guthrie with Nalley Nissan.

Quick recap. Dustin sent me an email and letter saying he REALLY NEEDED my Leaf due to high demand. I brought it in (mainly for a free level 3 charge and the $25 gas card for showing up). The 12500 in tax incentives really makes buying a new leaf every year in georgia a pretty good deal. But as Dustin was quick to point out - Nissan doesn't take the Leaf on trade. Dustin also pointed out that those annoying letters they send are (as we all know) scams to lure you into the lot so they can grind you into a new car. Kudos to Dustin for being honest about being dishonest!

I contacted several Nissan dealerships, and was told basically the same thing - Nissan does not take the Leaf on trade. Worth pointing out, this isn't a policy, this isn't a national Nissan rule - with the Georgia tax credit set to end, Many Georgia Nissan dealerships are worried and playing it safe, especially with the huge amount of Leaf's coming back from lease.

Alexis (with Nalley Nissan) was nice enough to confirm she would meet my number (all by email). When I brought the car in, she handed me off to her salesman, Dino Curic (who was awesome to work with). They kept to the deal, and honored the numbers.

They gave me 20k for my 2014 with 10,500miles, which was insanely generous. I think Nalley is close to hitting it's sales quota, which makes taking a loss on the trade of the 2014 a little easier. I'm thrilled to be driving a 2015 for close to nothing. :p

Dustin Fleishman...you just got beat by (edit for those with weepy eyes) a person who happens to be an adult woman* (ie, not a girl).

the use of the term "woman" is not intended as a comparison between sexes, but rather used as a physical description of a specific person. thx

Congrats on scamming them.

My dealer sent me a letter saying my 2012 leaf was worth up to $10,500! Only $6,500 under the lease buy out. I saved a copy to negotiate with the nissan financial.

evnow said:
2014GunMetalSL said:
Dustin Fleishman...you just got beat by a girl.
Hmm ... Am I the only one offended by such sexist language ?

Dear lord. Sorry to have upset you so. I've edited my original post...as much as I hate the PC police, and hate censorship, I understand there are those among us who are easily offended and upset. Even though I understand it upsets you, ironically, Alexis was the one who mentioned (after I told her about Dustin) that he'd been beaten by a "girl". And, ironically, the 1st lady last night addressed a large group of adult black women and declared, "Black Girls Rock" https://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obama-declares-black-girls-rock-034851057.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I think people tend to overuse the word "offended" myself. I wasn't in any way offended, but that phrasing isn't the best.

And it's also interesting that you seemed to miss the whole point in it being sexist.
It wasn't sexist because you used the word girl instead of lady or woman.
That would have been due to age, not gender.

It would be considered sexist because there is some thought that he should feel worse because a person of the female gender made the sale when he didn't. As tho there is some gender advantage in car price negotiation?
That's just silly..
The fact that the original salesman used that phrasing just means that he thinks that (for some weird reason).

People's use of certain phrases are frequently cultural/social/familial and not necessarily based on feeling about issues, but can still perpetuate certain stereotypes..
Seen this commercial? Great one on the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJQBjWYDTs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the deal, great deal!!!
Glad you were able to work with a professional who is good at their job!! ;-)

Have a good one..

desivv

desiv said:
I think people tend to overuse the word "offended" myself. I wasn't in any way offended, but that phrasing isn't the best.

but that phrase wasn't my phrase at all, and it wasn't used by the males salesman. It was Alexis (the saleswoman) who used those exact words.

Women in the professional world make less than men make - that's a fact. A woman was able to create a deal and make money where her male counterpart couldn't. A boy (who usually makes more) got beat by a girl (who usually makes less).

Being offended because I used a phrase a woman used with pride makes zero sense. But I get it. Some folks have thin skin, some folks will find any reason to create drama. The last thing I want to do is get anyone's panties in a wad. (I know of several men who wear panties, so that phrase is not sexist, tia). ;)

2014GunMetalSL said:
Being offended because I used a phrase a woman used with pride makes zero sense. But I get it.
Well, I still don't think you "get it" as you still think it's just about the other people reacting, but that's not a big deal.
People have different perspectives... It takes time to change cultural norms..

As for it being a phrase used by a woman, that's one of the reasons I linked that particular video.
There were both adult men and women reacting to that phrasing the same way.
It wasn't until we see the kids reaction (which hasn't yet been affected by society on that phrase) that we realize the perspective.

And if she is paid less only because of her gender, and still made the sale.. Good for her, but...
That should probably be something we all are offended by..

desiv

desiv said:
2014GunMetalSL said:
Being offended because I used a phrase a woman used with pride makes zero sense. But I get it.
Well, I still don't think you "get it" as you still think it's just about the other people reacting, but that's not a big deal.
People have different perspectives... It takes time to change cultural norms..

As for it being a phrase used by a woman, that's one of the reasons I linked that particular video.
There were both adult men and women reacting to that phrasing the same way.
It wasn't until we see the kids reaction (which hasn't yet been affected by society on that phrase) that we realize the perspective.

And if she is paid less only because of her gender, and still made the sale.. Good for her, but...
That should probably be something we all are offended by..

desiv

we'll have to agree to disagree. A woman who says, "hey, email Dustin and let him know he got beat by a girl" is only offensive to those that have the need to be offended.

Woman (girls) are not only underpaid in the auto sales industry..they are outnumbered. For Alexis, beating a "boy" was a victory because men outnumber women in car sales by almost 5 to 1.

2014GunMetalSL said:
A woman who says, "hey, email Dustin and let him know he got beat by a girl" is only offensive to those that have the need to be offended.
As I said, I wasn't offended. I think the word "offended" should probably be saved for things that are truly offensive, not just things that should probably be toned down/changed. Otherwise you run the risk of ruining the discussion because each side sees the other as a mass of hyperbole.. ;-)

2014GunMetalSL said:
Woman (girls) are not only underpaid in the auto sales industry..they are outnumbered. For Alexis, beating a "boy" was a victory because men outnumber women in car sales by almost 5 to 1.
And as I said, it's great for her, but as a culture, that's what we should be offended by.
The fact of the gender of the salesperson should hold no bearing to pay or success, just whether or not they are good.
I think it was great that Alexis got the sale, because she is better at her job than another person.
Good for her.
The fact that she's happy she beat a male in that industry, instead of just happy she beat a person, just shows how much farther we need to go..

I've been beaten by lots of people at lots of things. I don't feel worse or better because of the gender of the person who beat me.. I just hate losing to anyone.. ;-)

Good discussion tho..

Thanx,

Have good one,

desiv

We bought our 2013 from Autonation (Dustin) and visited Nalley to drive a 2015 today. Without getting involved in the comically in-offensive remark, I will say that ALEXIS GUTHRIE IS WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY HOTTER than Dustin Flieschman. But Dustin does have a very girlish charm to him.

The Nalley dealership today was like a zoo, just total chaos. There seems to be a little battle going on between Nalley, Autonation and Capital City Nissan. All are claiming to be the sales leader in Georgia. In Alabama, just across the border (the "no tax credit zone"), one of the salesman told me they sold 3 Leafs in the past 2 months (the entire dealership).

Congrats on the deal, 2014sl. We're going to hit the big 3 dealerships and see if we can't steal a deal.

Now instead of bickering, can one of you go out and invent a range extender I can plug into my cig lighter that gives me an additional 100mile range? THANKS!

Back