Help me complete this feature list

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

Due to the issues I described in a recent thread of figuring out what equipment a Leaf has (such as fast charge) when looking at used models online, I decided to just put together a list for everyone including myself. The funny thing is, if you go out online and look at places like Cars.com and search for feature lists between the S, SV, and SL it will tell you pages of information about things like bluetooth, navigation, alloy wheels, etc. But it will not tell you which models have fast charge, or 6.6Kw onboard charging, or a heat pump, etc. So this information is a bit hard to find. So here's what I've come up with so far. Let me know of any errors and help me fill in the blanks.

2011 Year Model

SV Model
  • standard - 3.3 Kw onboard charger
  • standard - LED headlights

SL Model
  • optional - DC fast charge

2012 Year Model

SV Model

SL Model
  • standard - DC fast charge

2013-2015 Year Models

SL Model

• standard - DC quick charge
  • standard - 6.6kW onboard charger
  • standard - heatpump

SV Model

• standard - 6.6Kw onboard charger
  • optional - DC quick charge
  • standard - heatpump

S Model

• standard - 3.3Kw oboard charger
  • standard - halogen headlights
  • standard - resistive heater
  • optional - charge package (6.6Kw onboard + DC quick charge + LED)

The 2015 model added the "lizard" battery and "B" mode for the "S" model. You will likely have to break out each year, not just group 2013-2015 together.

SteveInSeattle said:
2011 had electric parking brake. A feature no one ever asked for.
The 2012s also had the electric parking brake. It was used because there was no space for a standard mechanical cable system. After the car, battery pack, and OBC were redesigned for 2013, the mechanical parking brake replaced the electric one in earlier models.

• Optional: Cold weather package (heated seats, steering wheel, battery heater), offered late in the model year

2012-2015
• Standard: Cold weather package

I think these are correct:

2013-2015
SV has optional DCFC port plus LED headlight package
All models: Eco mode selected on steering wheel, not shifter(?)

2013-2014
S model had no cruise control or B mode regen brakes

S model has both cruise control and B mode regen brakes

2011-2012
SL: standard rear camera, standard fog lights

2013-2015
All models(?): charge port light, charge port opens with fob
S model: in addition to resistive heater, has the separate AC unit

2011-2012
Both models: running lights on front quarter panels

SteveInSeattle said:
2011 had electric parking brake. A feature no one ever asked for.
And 2012.

You must not like it.

But I and quite a few others consider it a great feature that regrettably Nissan dropped in 2013, most likely due to lower cost for relatively standard foot actuated parking/emergency brake.

The base line S's don't have cruise control I don't think. And if the next 1-2 years of Carwings is important to you, they don't have that either.

The S got cruise control in 2015. The 2013 SV has LED low beams, but the complete LED light set was still an option. Premium Package was also optional, but most SVs came (and come) equipped with it.

2k1Toaster said:
The base line S's don't have cruise control I don't think. And if the next 1-2 years of Carwings is important to you, they don't have that either.
Depends on the year, the 2015 I looked at last year came standard with cruise control.

LeftieBiker said:
...The 2013 SV has LED low beams, but the complete LED light set was still an option. ...
:?:
Isn't the LED headlights only the low beam, with high beam being halogen on all model years :?:

TimLee said:
LeftieBiker said:
...The 2013 SV has LED low beams, but the complete LED light set was still an option. ...
Isn't the LED headlights only the low beam, with high beam being halogen on all model years :?:
Yes, at least it was on the 2015 models I looked at recently. I have never seen any model year that came with LED high beams factory installed.

knightmb said:
TimLee said:
LeftieBiker said:
Yes, at least it was on the 2015 models I looked at recently. I have never seen any model year that came with LED high beams factory installed.

Then what is the "LED Package"???

LeftieBiker said:
Then what is the "LED Package"???
It is LED low beams for the LEAF S that comes standard with low beam halogen.

There isn't an "LED Package" for the models that come standard with LED low beams.

All models have halogen high beams.

Back