broken parts on lease car when out of warrenty

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

Many people are extending there leases.Im not sure of the warrenty on the car.But, many have a 36 month main warrenty.So, with an extension after the 36 months if a big component goes out I take it up the keshter.My car has a 39 month lease.so , I'ii be in jeoperty for at least 3 months.

I intend to go for four years on my 2013, so I'll be worrying for the last year. These cars seem to show their defects fairly early, though, and mine seems to have a weak accessory battery and that, <knocks on wood> is it. I also don't drive many miles, anymore.

Also need to consider the replacement cost of the worn tires, the stock tires can probably last 36,000 miles, can it last 48,000?

You guys may be forgetting that it's a 5 year, 60k warranty on the power train (and on battery pack capacity) and then 8 years, 100k materials/workmanship warranty on the battery pack, so it's only the stuff that's not included in any of the previous that you really need to be worried about.

That said, everyone had the ability to buy into an extended warranty when purchasing (and still can in most circumstances), and that's a good way towards peace of mind with just such a scenario.

I don't think spending a bundle I don't have on a warranty I'd use for just one year would help my peace of mind OR my wallet. Good point on the powertrain warranty, though. Also, my car doesn't have the electric parking brake. That leaves the climate control system...

Back