2011 Leaf La Jolla CA Craigslist

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gringostar

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a Leaf (don't have one already). I called on the blue 2011 currently for sale on Craigslist, La Jolla (San Diego), CA. The car has 35,800 miles and is missing two bars. The seller says the car comes with a standard 5 year/100,000 warranty on the batteries (no extended warranty to speak of). Plus he says that new batteries costs $1500-$3000 (according to what he heard).

gringostar said:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a Leaf (don't have one already). I called on the blue 2011 currently for sale on Craigslist, La Jolla (San Diego), CA. The car has 35,800 miles and is missing two bars. The seller says the car comes with a standard 5 year/100,000 warranty on the batteries (no extended warranty to speak of). Plus he says that new batteries costs $1500-$3000 (according to what he heard).

He heard wrong.

Get the VIN and get thee to a Nissan dealer to check that it's a) not flagged with B0133 and b) has had all the annual battery inspections. You'll also need to know when it was purchased new (the in-service date) so you'll know just how much warranty time (as opposed to mileage) it has left.

FYI, there is no extending either of the battery warranites, especially not the one for capacity.

gringostar said:
Plus he says that new batteries costs $1500-$3000 (according to what he heard).

Leaf new battery replacement costs $5500
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1092983_nissan-leaf-battery-cost-5500-for-replacement-with-heat-resistant-chemistry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freeewilly said:
gringostar said:
Plus he says that new batteries costs $1500-$3000 (according to what he heard).

Leaf new battery replacement costs $5500
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1092983_nissan-leaf-battery-cost-5500-for-replacement-with-heat-resistant-chemistry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exchange.
Plus fitting kit.
Plus labor.
Plus sales tax.

Back