Well she is officially mine now!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadburner440

After 34 months, and 24,713 miles I signed her over to my Nissan dealership so they could process the paperwork to sell her to me forever. Took a short phone call on their part to NMAC, and a check for $13,875.10 to do it. She has been a good car the first 3 years, and I hope she continues to be a good car well in to the future. Time will tell, and guess it will serve as a barometer for battery life in a mid-Atlantic state.

Congratulations! I had a similar deal (although I didn't have over $13k in my checking account, so I had to finance) after the $5000 NMAC took off my residual. I hope to keep the car for a good 10 years. It should still be able to make my 4.5 mile round-trip commute during that time :lol:

If that car is worth nothing to trade in, I may just take it off the road and cover it. In a few decades, a first-generation Leaf is going to be a collector's item!

Nicely done! My 2013 SV is up for return this July, and if I could pick it up for that kind of number I'd do it! Otherwise, back to NMAC she goes...

GetOffYourGas said:
If that car is worth nothing to trade in, I may just take it off the road and cover it. In a few decades, a first-generation Leaf is going to be a collector's item!

That's what I should do...and store it with my GridLite laptop computer (still boots/runs DOS3.3).

My original residual was $16,838.80. I had $1987 left in lease payments though (till May), the $300 buyout fee, the $11,838.80 that Nissan wanted (-$5000 residual), and the rest was to transfer the tags. It boggles me how my residual wound up lower than most people on here as I only got the fed tax credit since VA has no state credit for anything. Worked out in my favor though having higher lease payments since I kept it in the end.

As far as covering it with a tarp if its worth nothing to trade in I have no intent on doing that, lol. I like the car, and will keep it till its death.. If I ever did decide to get rid of it my father in law just paid over $5000 for a REFURBISHED EZGO golf cart to drive to his corner store in his neighborhood, and to his friends house (legal in SC). So if anything I am sure he would be interested in giving me a similar amount for one that can actually do all legal road speeds with AC. :lol:

Roadburner440 said:
As far as covering it with a tarp if its worth nothing to trade in I have no intent on doing that, lol. I like the car, and will keep it till its death.. If I ever did decide to get rid of it my father in law just paid over $5000 for a REFURBISHED EZGO golf cart to drive to his corner store in his neighborhood, and to his friends house (legal in SC). So if anything I am sure he would be interested in giving me a similar amount for one that can actually do all legal road speeds with AC. :lol:

It's stories like this that convince me there will be a reasonable floor on the value of a used Leaf. If it still runs at all, it will have value to someone! If not, it will eventually have value to me again, so that's why I would hold onto it. I have two kids who are 3 and 5. In a little over a decade, they will be looking for a car that can get them to school, work, and friends' houses. At that time, my Leaf should still run well, but will have degraded range. If I decide to upgrade to a Leaf 2.0, Tesla Model III, Chevy Bolt, etc, then I can always hold onto the Leaf for a few more years rather than selling to some low-baller.

Back