Opinion on this 2011 Nissan Leaf? 45k miles, $11k

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogolden

First of all, thank you for your time. I'm sure most of you are Nissan Leaf subject matter experts. With that said your opinions are highly valuable to me.

Before test driving this used Nissan Leaf, I wanted to 1, get a few opinions, 2, find out what questions I should ask. For example based on the photos, I'm wonder how much degradation the battery has.

2011 Nissan Leaf - 45k miles, $11k price tag.

http://www.motorcarsofnashville.com/detail-2011-nissan-leaf-4dr_hatchback_sl~e-used-13012177.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again, and seriously, thank you very much for your opinions.

Thanks,

Robert

The car is down 2 bars and the tires are not LRR. You would be doing very well to get 55 miles from full charge to turtle. Also, that car has been on eBay for a while now and has "sold" at least once. If I were you, I would get specifics on their negative feedback and approach with a healthy amount of skepticism. I personally think the price is about $1K too high assuming that there is no funny business with unclaimed accidents or anything like that.

Are you OK shelling out 6k for a new battery if you do not get a replacement under the 60/60 warranty?
Need to lose 2 more capacity bars to get the battery replaced under warranty.

Perhaps you could let us know your driving patterns. In the winter, the 2011 Leaf consumes a lot of kWh's just to run the heater. Unless you're ok with 20-30 mi range below 10 F, you may be disappointed.

caffeinekid said:
The car is down 2 bars and the tires are not LRR.
Did you notice the tires don't even match? There are three Falken tires and one BFGoodrich tire. For that price, I would ask for new LRR tires that freakin' match.

Back