Survey for Asian Indians

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eab468

Really could use some help. I'm doing a survey about what Asian Indians living in America feel about their Leaf purchase. In return for answering the 5 questions, I'll send you a free subscription to Saavn Thank you thank you!! http://bit.ly/1yAbWXs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok - I'm very curious about the motivation for such a survey... can you explain why you are interested in this particular segment and not others?

That's probably going to be a pretty small sampling of owners! I only knew of one personally that I can recall (Omkar Nalamwar) and to the best of my knowledge he didn't re-up once his lease was done.

Apologizes if you are Indian; we know each other; and you don't come to mind right now.

There are very significant numbers in the Bay area that own LEAFs, particularly in the silicon valley.

Agreed - can be difficult to judge folks by looking at them. I gave up on worrying about such things a long time ago. I work with people from literally all over the place and other than timezone issues it makes no difference to me (either you can get the job done or not...).

Which brings me back to my original response... what is this survey intended to prove anyway? Why would someone want to identify the responses from this group only....

My company, Saavn, is a Bollywood music streaming service and we're trying to gauge the Asian Indian market of Nissan Leaf owners. We are trying to appeal to Nissan and we could really use some data. We will keep names CONFIDENTIAL, we just want poll numbers. Privacy will be respected!

eab468 said:
My company, Saavn, is a Bollywood music streaming service and we're trying to gauge the Asian Indian market of Nissan Leaf owners.

How well did the REVAi/G-Wiz sell over there? Or its replacement the Mahindra e2o? Wikipedia's article on the e2o says that only about 400 have been sold since its introduction almost two years ago, and that only 4600 G-Wiz cars were sold the entire time they were available. I would expect these cars to sell better than the Leaf in India, due to a lower price (US $12k for an e2o vs. US $30k for a Leaf) and smaller size that is better suited for India's crowded roadways.

My understanding is that the electrical grid in India is already overwhelmed and is not what you would call "reliable" as compared to North America or western Europe, so the poor sales of EVs to date in India does not surprise me. Even if there is a lot of interest in the Leaf, if you can't reliably charge it, that's going to create a lot of anxiety among owners and potential owners. The Leaf's battery is bigger than the REVA's and can draw up to 6.6kW for hours at a time....is India's electrical infrastructure ready to handle that? Many older homes in the US, including some that are as little as 30 or 40 years old, need to have their electrical infrastructure upgraded just to safely accommodate a plug-in car.

This article, although approaching 3 years old, talks about the problems of India's current electricity infrastructure: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/08/06/indias-infrastructure-woes-in-two-graphs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slow1 said:
Ok - I'm very curious about the motivation for such a survey... can you explain why you are interested in this particular segment and not others?
Looking for car info, or perhaps looking for people to take a trial subscription to the Indian music service?
I suspect the latter.

there are several in the Pacific Northwest. might get some interest from them. unfortunately, there is little in the way of effective regional communication on this forum. I would suggest Facebook but few groups would welcome someone who only is interested in marketing...

I am very active within the Indian community here in DFW promoting EVs and Leaf, and I have been instrumental directly and indirectly for over a dozen Leaf sales in the last two years. In my office there are over 8 Leafs and I think over 4 of them are driven by Asian Indians, and the lone Tesla too. I generally noticed that Leaf and EVs generate a lot of interest and positive dialog among my friends.

Regarding Saavn, I don't know what that is nor do I have any interest in those streaming services.

I just saw this post. Though it is late, I filled out the survey. I've been very pleased with my Leaf and after leasing one for 3 years, I decided to lease another one. 4+ years of Leaf ownership and (aside from the lost bar issues) I love it!

omkar said:
I just saw this post. Though it is late, I filled out the survey. I've been very pleased with my Leaf and after leasing one for 3 years, I decided to lease another one. 4+ years of Leaf ownership and (aside from the lost bar issues) I love it!

Omkar! Hey!

Didn't know you re-upped. What are you doing in Glendale? I thought you moved to Pasadena?

Hey Michael! Glendale is just west of Pasadena. Can't believe it's been almost 2 years here now. Miss you guys and the meetups!

Back