Best deal in Atlanta to Lease Nissan Leaf S in November?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yashax

Guys, I am looking to lease Nissan Leaf S in November/December (ready to buy now, but can wait if necessary) and are looking for the best deal. Still trying to figure out 24 or 36 month? Also, how can I qualify for VPP discount?

Thank you in advance,
Jake

yashax said:
Guys, I am looking to lease Nissan Leaf S in November/December (ready to buy now, but can wait if necessary) and are looking for the best deal. Still trying to figure out 24 or 36 month? Also, how can I qualify for VPP discount?

Thank you in advance,
Jake

It appears that the deals have gotten worse in Atlanta for November. You can find out if you qualify for the VPP by downloading the list from here:

@bigrob90 Since I am new to this, can you please give me an example of what was a good deal vs. not so good now, so I can best understand what to expect as a good deal vs not.

yashax said:
@bigrob90 Since I am new to this, can you please give me an example of what was a good deal vs. not so good now, so I can best understand what to expect as a good deal vs not.

Well, the price I was quoted for a lease this month was ~$10-$20/month higher than last month for the same package. Which is not a lot in absolute terms, but does represent about a 5% rise in prices. I got a Leaf S with QC package for $280.44, but my friend was looking for the same thing and kept getting $299 this month. That's on a 2 year lease with no money down.

Did you have to pay the first month upfront and did your lease had $395 fee at the end? Also, by any chance did you negotiate the free $7500 maintenance? (I've read someone talked about it)

What would it cost for 2 year without QC?

I am having a hard time deciding with or without!?

J

yashax said:
Did you have to pay the first month upfront and did your lease had $395 fee at the end? Also, by any chance did you negotiate the free $7500 maintenance? (I've read someone talked about it)

J

I walked out the door for $440. That was prorated October + November payment, IIRC. There will still be the $395 at the end (unless I lease another, apparently). About $30 less/month without the QC. By the way, my payment represents 15k miles instead of 12k. That added $15/month. Had I skipped both the extra mileage and the QC, I was looking at something like $230/month, IIRC. The QC was only worth it to me for the 6.6kWh charger. That will make multiple daily trips from the house more feasible.

bigrob90 said:
yashax said:

J

I walked out the door for $440. That was prorated October + November payment, IIRC. There will still be the $395 at the end (unless I lease another, apparently). About $30 less/month without the QC. By the way, my payment represents 15k miles instead of 12k. That added $15/month. Had I skipped both the extra mileage and the QC, I was looking at something like $230/month, IIRC. The QC was only worth it to me for the 6.6kWh charger. That will make multiple daily trips from the house more feasible.

By the way, I'm not familiar with $7500 maintenance. Do you mean the $7500 that Nissan passes through to you from the federal income tax credit? I got that, yes. And I'll get the $5k tax credit from the state of Georgia as well.

Where did you end up buying from? Did you use the VPP discount to get this price?

Can you please explain "The QC was only worth it to me for the 6.6kWh charger." Sorry, still learning. )) and still trying to figure out whether or not to get the QC and which model. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that the model you got was S. Is that the most basic one?

Thank you,
Jake

yashax said:
Where did you end up buying from? Did you use the VPP discount to get this price?

Can you please explain "The QC was only worth it to me for the 6.6kWh charger." Sorry, still learning. )) and still trying to figure out whether or not to get the QC and which model. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jake

It's available on the S as an optional charge package, adding both QC and 6.6kW charging. It's a $1770 add-on.

yashax said:
You can only get VPP (I think) if your employer is affiliated with Nissan, and you must provide a paystub. Google it, there's a list of over a hundred affiliated companies. Unfortunately, mine wasn't one of them.

yashax said:

3 trim levels: S, SV, SL
On the S and SV, quick charge (QC) is optional. QC is the most powerful (and rarest) charging option. You cannot use QC at home, only at QC stations. Look at Plugshare to see is there's one near you. I got an SV without QC.

Because the lease deals don't seem to be as good, you might consider buying. If you buy, Nissan is offering $3500 cash back (in addition to federal and state tax credits) and 0% financing for up to 72 months.

Boy, confused.

I thought that if you get QC, you can get the Charging Station installed at home (like: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-EL-51253-Electric-Vehicle-Charging/dp/B00FM7B1AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415933936&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+electric+car+charger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and use it to charge your vehicle in about 30min or so?

Is this not so?

yashax said:
Boy, confused.

I thought that if you get QC, you can get the Charging Station installed at home (like: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-EL-51253-Electric-Vehicle-Charging/dp/B00FM7B1AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415933936&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+electric+car+charger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and use it to charge your vehicle in about 30min or so?

Is this not so?

No, not at all. 6.6kW charging will give you a full charge in around 3.5 hours; 3.3kW charging and it'll take around 7 hours for a full charge.

The EVSE you link to is 240v, 30a, suitable for 6.6kW charging. QC is at 480 volts and upwards of 100a.

Are these charging times for using regular 110 outlet, or do you still need to install a charging station at home (Like the one on Amazon)?

Basically 3 charging levels...
Level 1 = standard home outlet
Level 2 = higher voltage outlet (like the one you linked to and like your Laundry Dryer plugs into)
QC = highest voltage

Only Level 2 (I think) is affected by whether or not you have the 6.6kw upgraded onboard charger (optional on the S, standard on SV).

check out slickdeals - best deal in atl right now is SV for $269, first month down, put $150 or so on top of that for dealer fees. $395 dispo. 24 mo, 12k per year. NO QC I should add.

I THINK deals will get a bit better as we have 3 weekends left in NOV, the last day is a weekend and gas price is dropping like a brick.

to get back to original question - this is WAY worse than what it was in AUG time frame - probably $50 more per month. I don't know if nmac is charging more for cost of money or whatever, but deals are def worse in NOV than they were in OCT, and worse in OCT than from AUG.

There are 3 power sources to plug into the car not to be confused with the car charger (3.3kv vs 6.6kv)-

Level 1- 110v "trickle charge" - the slowest but any standard wall outlet will work. 0 to 100% charge in 21 hours

Level 2 - 220v-240v - at home this is comparable to an electric dryer or electric stove outlet. If your home does not have such an outlet available you will most likely need an electrician. The electrician will need to run wire and add another circuit breaker to your home electrical panel. You will also need to buy an Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVSE) to hard wire to your new circuit or plug into the new outlet. Level 2 charging is the most common available away from home (at least in Atlanta)- take a look at Plug Share or Charge Point apps and websites to find locations. 0 to 100% charge in 5 hours or 8 hours depending on the charger which is installed in your car (3.3 kw vs 6.6kw charger)

Level 3 - 440v DC - Only available at commercial locations. Only cars equipped with a quick charge port (QC) can take this, which is all Leafs except the most base model. 0 to 100% charge in 30 minutes

Back